Using file managers
The most convenient way to upload, manage, and insert images into content in CKEditor is by using file managers. CKBox and CKFinder are our official file managers and file uploaders that let you upload, manage, and insert images and other files.
CKBox and CKFinder are both premium features. Contact us to receive an offer tailored to your needs.
# CKBox file manager
CKBox is a modern file management platform with a clean UI and a top-notch UX.
With CKBox you can:
- Organize images and other files into customizable categories.
- Create, rename, and delete folders.
- Delete, rename, and tag files.
- Search files and filter results by numerous properties.
- Easily access recently used files.
- View images in high-resolution full-page preview.
- Define and reuse alternative text for images.
Read a separate guide on CKBox to learn about its installation and configuration. The guide also lets you try CKBox in action.
# CKFinder file manager
CKFinder is a powerful file manager with various image editing and image upload options.
With CKFinder you can:
- Group images and other files into folders and subfolders.
- Move or copy files between folders.
- Easily filter files.
- Drag and drop images and paste them from the clipboard into the editor.
- Crop, rotate, edit, and resize images.
Read a separate guide on CKFinder to learn about its installation and configuration. The guide also lets you try CKFinder in action.
Every day, we work hard to keep our documentation complete. Have you spotted outdated information? Is something missing? Please report it via our issue tracker.