- #12825: Fixed: Preventing the Table Resize plugin from operating on elements outside the editor. Thanks to Paul Martin!
#12157: Fixed: Lost text formatting on pressing Tab when the
config.tabSpacesconfiguration option value was greater than zero.
#12777: Fixed: The
table-layoutCSS property should be reset by skins. Thanks to vita10gy!
#12812: Fixed: An uncaught security exception is thrown when Line Utilities are used in an inline editor loaded in a cross-domain
iframe. Thanks to Vitaliy Zurian!
config.fillEmptyBlocksshould only apply when outputting data.
- #10032: Fixed: Paste from Word filter is executed for every paste after using the button.
- #12597: [Blink/Webkit] Fixed: Multi-byte Japanese characters entry not working properly after Shift+Enter.
#12387: Fixed: An error is thrown if a skin does not have the
chameleonproperty defined and
- #12747: [IE8-10] Fixed: Opening a drop-down for a specific selection when the editor is maximized results in incorrect drop-down panel position.
- #12850: [IEQM] Fixed: An error is thrown after focusing the editor.
Fixed XSS vulnerability in the HTML parser reported by Maco Cortes.
Issue summary: It was possible to execute XSS inside CKEditor after persuading the victim to: (i) switch CKEditor to source mode, then (ii) paste a specially crafted HTML code, prepared by the attacker, into the opened CKEditor source area, and (iii) switch back to WYSIWYG mode.
An upgrade is highly recommended!
- #12501: Allowed dashes in element names in the string format of allowed content rules.
#12550: Added the
<main>element to the
#12506: [Safari] Fixed: Cannot paste into inline editor if the page has
user-select: nonestyle. Thanks to shaohua!
- #12683: Fixed: Filter fails to remove custom tags. Thanks to timselier!
- #12489 and #12491: Fixed: Various issues related to restoring the selection after performing operations on filler character. See the fixed cases.
- #12621: Fixed: Cannot remove inline styles (bold, italic, etc.) in empty lines.
- #12630: [Chrome] Fixed: Selection is placed outside the paragraph when the New Page button is clicked. This patch significantly simplified the way how the initial selection (a selection after the content of the editable is overwritten) is being fixed. That might have fixed many related scenarios in all browsers.
#11647: Fixed: The
editor.blurevent is not fired on first blur after initializing the inline editor on an already focused element.
- #12601: Fixed: Strikethrough button tooltip spelling.
- #12546: Fixed: The Preview tab in the Document Properties dialog window is always disabled.
#12300: Fixed: The
editor.changeevent fired on first navigation key press after typing.
- #12141: Fixed: List items are lost when indenting a list item with content wrapped with a block element.
- #12515: Fixed: Cursor is in the wrong position when undoing after adding an image and typing some text.
- #12484: [Blink/Webkit] Fixed: DOM is changed outside the editor area in a certain case.
- #12688: Improved the tests of the styles system and fixed two minor issues.
- #12403: Fixed: Changing the font style should not lead to nesting it in the previous style element.
#12609: Fixed: Incorrect
config.magicline_putEverywherename used for a Magic Line all-encompassing
- #12423: [Safari7.1+] Fixed: Enter key moved cursor to a strange position.
- #12381: [iOS] Fixed: Selection issue. Thanks to Remiremi!
CKEDITOR_GETURLis not used with some plugins where it should be used. Thanks to Thomas Andraschko!
#9137: Fixed: The
<base>tag is not created when
<head>has an attribute. Thanks to naoki.fujikawa!
- #12377: Fixed: Errors thrown in the Image plugin when removing preview from the dialog window definition. Thanks to Axinet!
- #12162: Fixed: Auto paragraphing and Enter key in nested editables.
#12315: Fixed: Marked
- #12113: Fixed: A code snippet should be presented in the elements path as "code snippet" (translatable).
#12311: Fixed: Remove Format should also remove
#12261: Fixed: Filter has to be destroyed and removed from
CKEDITOR.filter.instanceson editor destroy.
- #12398: Fixed: Maximize does not work on an instance without a title.
- #12097: Fixed: JAWS not reading the number of options correctly in the Text Color and Background Color button menu.
- #12411: Fixed: Page Break used directly in the editable breaks the editor.
- #12354: Fixed: Various issues in undo manager when holding keys.
- #12324: [IE8] Fixed: Undo steps are not recorded when changing the caret position by clicking below the body.
- #12332: Fixed: Lowered DOM events listeners' priorities in undo manager in order to avoid ambiguity.
#12402: [Blink] Fixed: Workaround for Blink bug with
document.titlewhich breaks updating title in the full HTML mode.
- #12338: Fixed: The CKEditor package contains unoptimized images.
- #12268: Cleanup of UI Color YUI styles. Thanks to CasherWest!
- #12263: Fixed: Paste from Word filter does not properly normalize semicolons style text. Thanks to Alin Purcaru!
- #12243: Fixed: Text formatting lost when pasting from Word. Thanks to Alin Purcaru!
keypresslisteners should not be used in the undo manager. A complete rewrite of keyboard handling in the undo manager was made. Numerous smaller issues were fixed, among others:
#10926: [Chrome@Android] Fixed: Typing does not record snapshots and does not fire the
#11611: [Firefox] Fixed: The
editor.changeevent is fired when pressing Arrow keys.
#12219: [Safari] Fixed: Some modifications of the
UndoManager.lockedproperty violate strict mode in the Undoplugin.
- #10926: [Chrome@Android] Fixed: Typing does not record snapshots and does not fire the
- #10916: Fixed: Magic Line icon in Right-To-Left environments.
#11970: [IE] Fixed: CKEditor
pasteevent is not fired when pasting with Shift+Ins.
- #12111: Fixed: Linked image attributes are not read when opening the image dialog window by doubleclicking.
#10030: [IE] Fixed: Prevented "Unspecified Error" thrown in various cases when IE8-9 does not allow access to
- #12273: Fixed: Applying block style in a description list breaks it.
- #12218: Fixed: Minor syntax issue in CSS files.
- #12178: [Blink/WebKit] Fixed: Iterator does not return the block if the selection is located at the end of it.
- #12185: [IE9QM] Fixed: Error thrown when moving the mouse over focused editor's scrollbar.
- #12215: Fixed: Basepath resolution does not recognize semicolon as a query separator.
- #12135: Fixed: Remove Format does not work on widgets.
#12298: [IE11] Fixed: Clicking below
<body>in Compatibility Mode will no longer reset selection to the first line.
#12204: Fixed: Editor's voice label is not affected by
- #11915: Fixed: With SCAYT enabled, cursor moves to the beginning of the first highlighted, misspelled word after typing or pasting into the editor.
- SCAYT: Fixed: Error thrown in the console after enabling SCAYT and trying to add a new image.
benderjs-ckeditorinto the main CKEditor repository.
- Fixed XSS vulnerability in the Preview plugin reported by Mario Heiderich of Cure53.
An upgrade is highly recommended!
- #12164: Added the "Justify" option to the "Horizontal Alignment" drop-down in the Table Cell Properties dialog window.
- #12110: Fixed: Editor crash after deleting a table. Thanks to Alin Purcaru!
- #11897: Fixed: Enter key used in an empty list item creates a new line instead of breaking the list. Thanks to noam-si!
- #12140: Fixed: Double-clicking linked widgets opens two dialog windows.
#12132: Fixed: Image is inserted with
heightstyles even when they are not allowed.
#9317: [IE] Fixed:
config.disableObjectResizingdoes not work on IE. Note: We were not able to fix this issue on IE11+ because necessary events stopped working. See a last resort workaround and make sure to support our complaint to Microsoft.
- #9638: Fixed: There should be no information about accessibility help available under the Alt+0 keyboard shortcut if theAccessibility Help plugin is not available.
#8117 and #9186: Fixed: In HTML5
<meta>tags should be allowed everywhere, including inside the
config.fillEmptyBlocksnot working properly if a function is specified.