This plugin adds the following image-related features to the editor:
- Inserting images with all properties managed through the dialog window.
- Integration with any external file manager to upload/browse images.
- Context menu option to edit existing images.
See also an alternative Enhanced Image plugin which allows for creating captioned images that can be centered in the editor content as well as dynamically resized with the “click and drag” feature.
This is an official plugin provided and supported by CKEditor developers.
The recommended way to install all CKEditor add-ons is to create a custom build by using Online builder. To do that, click the Add to my editor button on the plugin page. When you are done, click the Build my editor button on the right side of the page to go to Online builder.
Note: This add-on is already selected to be a part of your current build.
Add-on installation instructions
If you want to add the plugin manually, you will need to:
- Extract the downloaded plugin
pluginsfolder of your CKEditor installation. Example:
- Enable the plugin by using the
extraPluginsconfiguration setting. Example:
config.extraPlugins = 'image';
- Download and configure all its dependencies, too.
|Plugin versions||CKEditor versions|
The first bug fixing release for CKEditor 4.12.
The fourth bug fixing release for CKEditor 4.11.
The first bug-fixing release for release for CKEditor 4.10.