This plugin adds the Text Color and Background Color feature to the editor.
The following configuration options are available for this feature:
- config.colorButton_backStyle - style definition for the Background Color
- config.colorButton_colors - list of colors available in the color selector
- config.colorButton_enableMore - whether the More Colors feature is available (with Color Dialog plugin enabled)
- config.colorButton_enableAutomatic - whether the Automatic option is available.
- config.colorButton_foreStyle - style definition for the Text Color
This is an official plugin provided and supported by CKEditor developers.
The recommended way to install all CKEditor add-ons is to create a custom build by using Online builder. To do that, click the Add to my editor button on the plugin page. When you are done, click the Build my editor button on the right side of the page to go to Online builder.
Note: This add-on is already selected to be a part of your current build.
Add-on installation instructions
If you want to add the plugin manually, you will need to:
- Extract the downloaded plugin
pluginsfolder of your CKEditor installation. Example:
- Enable the plugin by using the
extraPluginsconfiguration setting. Example:
config.extraPlugins = 'colorbutton';
- Download and configure all its dependencies, too.
|Plugin versions||CKEditor versions|
The first minor release for CKEditor 4.13.
The first bug fixing release for CKEditor 4.12.
The fourth bug fixing release for CKEditor 4.11.