Proven, enterprise-grade WYSIWYG HTML editor with wide browser compatibility, including legacy browsers.
- Paste from Word and Excel, spell check, accessibility checker, tables.
- Autocomplete, @mentions, widgets, code snippets, emoji 😊 plugins.
- Full control over content: HTML filtering, view source mode.
- Great accessibility: WCAG 2.0 AA and Section 508 compliant.
- Long-term support (LTS) until 2023.
- Written in ES6 with MVC architecture, custom data model, virtual DOM.
- Responsive images and media embeds (videos, tweets).
- Custom output format: HTML and Markdown support.
- Boost productivity with auto-formatting and collaboration.
- Extensible and customizable by design.
With CKEditor 5, every application can become online collaboration software. Boost your productivity with faster review and instant delivery.
- Real-time collaborative editing for documents.
- Track changes.
- Comments, discussions, users panel with avatars.
- Comment-only mode for text suggestions.
- Support for all rich-text features, including tables or media.
Flexible image upload and file manager tools for adding responsive images, videos or PDF files to your content.
- One-click hassle-free drag&drop file upload support.
- Top-notch security with granular user permissions.
- File and folder management: upload, delete, move, categorize.
- Built-in image editor with image crop and resize or filters.
- Multiple storage options: local file server, FTP and cloud support.
24.000+ customers have already trusted us. This gives us a solid foundation on which we can develop the editor.
Automated, manual, unit and integration tests for CKEditor 4 and CKEditor 5. Software quality is in our DNA. We know that delivering rock-solid components to external applications and being a reliable partner is crucial. We spend over 50% of our time on writing tests and documentation.
The number of CKEditor downloads. The number of users exceeds hundreds of millions. With such a huge user base, we receive a lot of valuable feedback — issues, feature requests or requests for documentation clarification. A large number of users helps us evolve and improve every day.
Articles in the documentation (+6000 pages with API documentation). CKEditor is not just the interface that one can use to write. It is a component with a rich, well-documented API that allows developers to write custom features on top of it. The community created over 400 publicly available plugins for CKEditor 4 thanks to such an approach.
The number of StackOverflow questions related to CKEditor. You are in good company! If it happens that you cannot find an answer in the documentation, there is a huge chance that you will find it already on StackOverflow. Oh, and we are active there, too :)
This is such an incredible project. It’s WYSIWYG on the web, finally, done right. Don't consider using anything else.
The last month I had a pleasure to work closely with CKEditor 5, integrating it into Neos CMS. I was never really a fan of CKEditor 4, but CKEditor 5 has become one of my favorite opensource projects.
Back in 2012, I started to research tools to get a real-time collaborative editor working on Rails. I just achieved that tonight. The trick was to wait years for a team of super talented devs to solve this super hard problem. Thanks, CKEditor!
Thank you for your help and thank you for creating both CKFinder and CKEditor, they are fantastic, between them and the Witcher the rest of the world has a lot to be thankful of Poland.
CivicInfo BC Society
Love how the CKEditor team keeps innovating after all these years! Glad that we picked CKEditor for Drupal 8.
Founder and Project Lead, Drupal
Want to have the best rich text editor in your startup project? We offer free development plans, flexible support models and licensing systems tailored to your business needs.Find out more
Looking for an enterprise-grade rich text editor that can boost productivity? We offer rock-solid software with premium technical support and custom development services.Find out more