We would like to inform you that your use of the website www.ckeditor.com (hereinafter referred to as the "Website") requires the processing of your personal data. In connection with the above, if you use certain services available on the Website, the Administrator will process your personal data to the extent necessary for the proper performance of the services you use. In some cases, the activity undertaken by you on the Website may also justify the processing of your data on the basis of the legitimate interest of the Administrator.
All personal data are processed by the Administrator in accordance with the provisions of generally applicable law, in particular with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on free the flow of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (Journal of Laws UE.L.2016.119.1) and the Act of May 10, 2018 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws 2018.1000).
- The administrator of personal data that you provide to us when using the services available on the Website is CKSource Holding LTD with headquarters in Warsaw, ul. Okopowa 58/72, 01-042 Warsaw, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register under the number KRS 0000562737, NIP 5252860727 (hereinafter referred to as "CKSource").
- Your personal data is collected by CKSource only from you, in particular when registering a user account, sending messages via the contact form, using the Newsletter service, or using other Website functionalities, including saved cookies.
- If the User uses links to external websites posted on the Website, as well as links, links and services of social networks available on the website. CKSource together with the owner of the social network and the external website service provider will act as co-controllers of the user's data processed as a result of clicking on the website. Link above references, links, services, etc.
- We define user’s data content as data, text, audio, video, or images that a user transfers to us for processing, storage or hosting by our services and any computational results that a user derives from the foregoing through their use of our services. For example, user’s data content includes images that a user uploaded to our services. The terms of any agreement with us governing the use of our services apply to your user content.
- Users maintain ownership of their user’s data content. We do not access or use user’s data for any purpose other than as legally required and for maintaining our services and providing them to our users. We never use user’s data or derive information from them for marketing or advertising without their consent.
What personal data is collected and processed by CKSource?
- The scope of your data that is collected and processed by CKSource depends on the services you use and your consent to the processing of personal data.
- In order to make a purchase or registration, it is necessary to provide the following personal data: name, surname, e-mail address, telephone number, address as well as login and password, provided by the user (only when registering).
- If the user makes a purchase as part of his business or professional activity, he is also obliged to specify the company and provide the tax identification number.
- In order to use the newsletter service, the user is obliged to indicate his e-mail address to which the newsletter will be sent.
- Users subscribing to a trial are obliged to indicate their email address needed to set up a trial account. By subscribing to a trial, they automatically give their consent to receiving marketing and sales emails related to CKSource’s products and services.
- Users signing up for the Open Source plan or purchasing the Standard plan are obliged to indicate their email address needed to set up an account. By doing this, they automatically give their consent to receiving marketing and sales emails related to CKSource’s products and services.
- In order to use the contact form service, the user is obliged to indicate the name and e-mail address. In this situation, CKSource will also process all data provided voluntarily and on the user's initiative in the message addressed to CKSource
- Depending on the browser settings of the Website user, CKSource may process its IP address or other identifier, information collected via cookies or other similar technologies.
- If the User clicks on a link to an external website or uses links to social networks, CKSource will process information about the visit to the Website and the address of the website where the activated link is located, date and time of visiting the website or activation link, information about the browser used, operating system and IP address. At the same time, this information may be sent by CKSource to the service provider of the external website concerned by the link.
How long do we process your data?
- If the obligation to process data results from generally applicable legal provisions (eg the Accounting Act, the Tax Ordinance), personal data will be processed for the period required by law.
- Personal data of a registered user will be processed for the period of validity of the account. After the account expires, CKSource may process some of the user's personal data due to his statutory obligations (eg. accounting obligation) and the legitimate interest of the Administrator (eg. securing claims).
- If the data is processed on the basis of consent - the data will be processed until its withdrawal, restriction or other actions of the user limiting this consent, subject to point 1-2 above.
- If the basis for data processing is the Controller's legitimate interest - the data will be processed until the user submits an effective objection.
What is the purpose of processing your data?
CKSource collects and processes personal data for purposes required by the law, and other purposes specified by CKSource, among others to:
- optimization of activities undertaken by customers, in particular streamlining and facilitating the process of purchasing and using services;
- inform our customers of new CKSource products;
- make analyses to improve our services;
- website configuration (e.g. adjusting the content of the Website pages to the user's preferences and optimizing the use of website pages);
- implementation of processes necessary for full functionality of websites. In particular, these files allow to recognize the basic parameters of the user's device and properly display the website, tailored to their individual needs;
- analysis and research as well as audience audit;
- ensuring the safety and reliability of the website;
- possibilities to log into the website;
Sometimes we may ask you to provide us with personal information voluntarily. Typically, this information is required when registering for an online service, when you provide information in connection with an online transaction or apply for a job through our website.
- When you order, we ask you for your name, e-mail address, shipping and billing addresses, telephone number, and credit card information.
- When you apply for a job, you may need to provide personal information, such as your name, resume, phone number and email address.
- If you choose to give us personal information via the Internet that we or our business partners may need to correspond with you, process a credit card order, or deliver a product for example, it is our intent to let you know how we will use such information. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your wishes.
- CKSource, the service providers for it, and all vendors providing products or services through our websites use your personal information: to operate our websites and/or effect your transactions; to create and share reports about your transactions among themselves; and to perform credit fraud screening services for transactions between you and us and/or others.
- We intend to continue improving the content and function of the sites managed by CKSource. For this reason, we monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us improve the design and layout of our sites and provide content of interest to you
Who receives your data from us
In accordance with applicable law, CKSource may transfer personal data to entities processing it on our behalf, e.g. subcontractors of our services (cloud service providers), marketing agencies and entities authorized to obtain data on the basis of applicable law, e.g. courts or law enforcement authorities, when they occur with the request under applicable law.
Some of your personal data may be transferred by CKSource to entities based outside the European Economic Area or in countries that, in the opinion of the European Commission, do not provide an adequate level of personal data protection. The data referred to in the preceding sentence may be transferred to subcontractors of our services.
In the case of the transmission of data referred to above, transfer your personal data to third countries, in particular to the USA, will take place on the basis of the standard contractual clauses. These clauses oblige CKSource and our contractors to ensure an adequate level of security for your personal data. Before signing standard contractual clauses, we verify each of our contractors who will have access to your personal data. In such a situation, we also assess whether the country to which your personal data goes allows you to exercise your rights and whether it provides effective legal protection measures. In case of doubts, we verify whether it is possible to ensure this security while maintaining other additional measures.
In addition, as part of the cooperation, our contractors are obliged to apply the highest security standards and immediately provide us with all information that may affect the security and scope of processing your data. CKSource periodically controls the processing of data by contractors and is entitled to issue recommendations to them and to terminate the cooperation immediately.
If the European Commission issues a decision stating that a specific third country ensures an adequate level of personal data protection, then the transfer of your personal data to that country may also take place on the basis of this decision.
If standard contractual clauses are used and there is no decision of the European Commission, the transfer of your personal data will only take place in special situations, which should be understood as the necessity to perform the contract that you have concluded with us. Also in this situation, we carefully verify each of our contractors who will have access to your personal data to ensure their maximum security.
You can obtain a copy of your personal data for transfer to a third country at any time by sending a relevant request to the Administrator's address.
Third-party cloud services provider
Our services are structured on top of the secure and well-established Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud solutions. We do not run a custom data center, avoiding hundreds of performance, availability and security threads which have been settled down by AWS with their years of presence in the market. For additional information, please visit the AWS EU Data Protection FAQ.
You have the right to request access to data, rectification, deletion or limitation of its processing. You can also withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data, object and use other rights, including the right to:
- obtain comprehensive information as to whether the Administrator has a User's data set, and to determine the administrator of that set, his address and full name;
- obtaining information about the purpose, scope and method of processing data contained in such a set;
- obtain information from when data on you is processed in the collection, and provide the content in commonly understood form;
- obtain information about the source from which data regarding you originates, unless the data controller is obliged to keep confidential information or professional secrecy in this respect;
- obtain information on how the data is shared, in particular information about the recipients or categories of excipients to whom the data is shared;
- requests to supplement, update, rectify personal data, temporarily or permanently suspend their processing or delete them, if they are incomplete, out of date, incorrect or have been collected in violation of the Act or re no longer needed to achieve the purpose for which they were collected;
- You have the right to object to the data processing processes undertaken by the Administrator based on the justified interest of the Administrator. In such a situation, the Administrator will be entitled to further data processing only if it is demonstrated that there are valid, legally justified grounds for processing, superior to the interests, rights and freedoms of the user
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection regarding the processing of his personal data by anyone
For quality control and training purposes, we may monitor or record your communications with us.
What are the legal grounds for processing personal data by CKSource?
- Any processing of personal data must be based on an appropriate legal basis, in accordance with applicable law. The legal basis for the processing of personal data for the purpose of providing services is the necessity to perform contracts (in the case of providing services, these contracts are regulations or similar documents available in the services you use).
- In some cases the basis for data processing will be the legitimate legal interest of CKSource. Such a legal basis for processing takes place when the content of services is adjusted to the interests of Website users and services provided by CKSource, it is to ensure their security and measurements / analyzes and their improvement, as well as CKSource's own marketing.
- Data processing as part of the activities undertaken by the User on the Website in the form of clicking on links to external websites and social networks also takes place on the basis of the legitimate interest of the administrator.
- Data processing for marketing purposes, including profiling and for analytical purposes, will take place on the basis of voluntary consent, which can be expressed by checking the consent box made available to the user.
- Expressing this consent is voluntary and you can withdraw it at any time, however the withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of data processing prior to its withdrawal.
Objection or complaint
- At any time, the user has the right to object to data processing undertaken by CKSource based on the legitimate interest of the Administrator. In such a situation, the Administrator will be entitled to further processing of data only in the event of demonstrating the existence of valid legally valid grounds for processing, overriding the interests, rights and freedoms of the user.
- The User is also entitled to submit a complaint to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office against the activities of processing his personal data undertaken by anyone.
How does CKSource protect consumer information?
- When you place orders, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, we take steps to protect the customer data we collect from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
- CKSource makes every effort to ensure respect for privacy and protection of personal data provided by Users, while using the Website, taking all necessary actions for this purpose.
- CKSource conducts risk analysis on an ongoing basis to ensure that personal data is processed by it in a safe manner.
- CKSource ensures that only authorized persons and persons with whom CKSource has concluded appropriate data entrustment or disclosure agreements have access to the data.
- CKSource takes the necessary steps to ensure that its cooperating entities guarantee the application of appropriate security measures in each case when they process personal data on behalf of CKSource.
- CKSource has introduced data encryption in order to minimize the effects of a possible data security breach.
- The user should take care of the confidentiality of the login and password he has created, not disclosing them to third parties. CKSource recommends logging out by the User after using the Website.
Third-party cloud services provider
Our services are structured on top of the secure and well-established Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud solutions. We do not run a custom data center, avoiding hundreds of performance, availability and security threads which have been settled down by AWS with their years of presence in the market. For additional information, please visit the AWS EU Data Protection FAQ
We define user content as data, text, audio, video, or images that a user transfers to us for processing, storage or hosting by our services and any computational results that a user derives from the foregoing through their use of our services. For example, user content includes images that a user uploaded to our services. The terms of any agreement with us governing the use of our services apply to your user content.
User content ownership
Users maintain ownership of their user content. We do not access or use user content for any purpose other than as legally required and for maintaining our services and providing them to our users. We never use user content or derive information from it for marketing or advertising.