- #1751: Introduced the Autocomplete feature that consists of the following plugins:
- #1703: Introduced the Mentions plugin providing smart completion feature for custom text matches based on user input starting with a chosen marker character.
- #1746: Introduced the Emoji plugin providing completion feature for emoji ideograms.
- #1761: The Auto Link plugin now supports email links.
- #1458: [Edge] Fixed: After blurring the editor it takes 2 clicks to focus a widget.
- #1034: Fixed: JAWS leaves forms mode after pressing the Enter key in an inline editor instance.
- #1748: Fixed: Missing
CKEDITOR.dialog.definition.onHideAPI documentation. Thanks to sunnyone!
- #1321: Ideographic space character (
\u3000) is lost when pasting text.
- #1776: Empty caption placeholder of the Image Base plugin is not hidden when blurred.
- #1592: The Image Base plugin caption is not visible after paste.
- #620: Fixed: The
config.forcePasteAsPlainTextoption is not respected in internal and cross-editor pasting.
- #1467: Fixed: The resizing cursor of the Table Resize plugin appearing in the middle of a merged cell.
- #850: Backward incompatibility: Replaced the
replacedialog from the Find / Replace plugin with a
tabIdoption in the
- #1582: The
CKEDITOR.editor.addCommand()method can now accept a
CKEDITOR.commandinstance as a parameter.
- #1712: The
pluginsconfiguration options allow whitespace.
- #1802: The
pluginsconfiguration options allow passing plugin names as an array.
- #1724: Added an option to the
getClientRect()function allowing to retrieve an absolute bounding rectangle of the element, i.e. a position relative to the upper-left corner of the topmost viewport.
- #1498 : Added a new
CKEDITOR.dom.range. It returns a list of rectangles for each selected element.
- #1993: Added the
- Updated SCAYT (Spell Check As You Type) and WebSpellChecker (WSC) plugins:
- Language dictionary update: Added support for the Uzbek Latin language.
- Languages no longer supported as additional languages: Manx - Isle of Man (
gv_GB) and Interlingua (
- Extended and improved language dictionaries: Georgian and Swedish. Also added the missing word "Ensure" to the American, British and Canada English language.
- #141 Fixed: SCAYT throws "Uncaught Error: Error in RangyWrappedRange module: createRange(): Parameter must be a Window object or DOM node".
- #153 [Chrome] Fixed: Correcting a word in the widget in SCAYT moves focus to another editable.
- #155 [IE8] Fixed: SCAYT throws an error and does not work.
- #156 [IE10] Fixed: SCAYT does not seem to work.
- Fixed: After some text is dragged and dropped, the markup is not refreshed for grammar problems in SCAYT.
- Fixed: Request to FastCGI fails when the user tries to replace a word with non-English characters with a proper suggestion in WSC.
- [Firefox] Fixed: Ctrl+Z removes focus in SCAYT.
- Grammar support for default languages was improved.
- New application source URL was added in SCAYT.
- Removed green marks and legend related to grammar-supported languages in the Languages tab of SCAYT. Grammar is now supported for almost all the anguages in the list for an additional fee.
- [IE10] Fixed: Markup is not set for a specific case in SCAYT.
- Fixed: Accessibility issue: No
altattribute for the logo image in the About tab of SCAYT.
Issue summary: It was possible to execute XSS inside CKEditor using the
<img>tag and specially crafted HTML. Please note that the default presets (Basic/Standard/Full) do not include this plugin, so you are only at risk if you made a custom build and enabled this plugin.
- #932: Introduced Easy Image feature for inserting images that are automatically rescaled, optimized, responsive and delivered through a blazing-fast CDN. Three new plugins were added to support it:
- #1338: Keystroke labels are displayed for function keys (like F7, F8).
- #643: The File Browser plugin can now upload files using XHR requests. This allows for setting custom HTTP headers using the
- #1365: The File Browser plugin uses XHR requests by default.
- #1399: Added the possibility to set
endto specify where the editor focus should be after the initialization.
- #1441: The Magic Line plugin line element can now be identified by the
- #595: Fixed: Pasting does not work on mobile devices.
- #869: Fixed: Empty selection clears cached clipboard data in the editor.
- #1419: Fixed: The Widget Selection plugin selects the editor content with the Alt+A key combination on Windows.
- #1274: Fixed: Balloon Toolbar does not match a single selected image using the
- #1232: Fixed: Balloon Toolbar buttons should be registered as focusable elements.
- #1342: Fixed: Balloon Toolbar should be re-positioned after the
- #1426: [IE8-9] Fixed: Missing Balloon Toolbar background in the Kama skin. Thanks to Christian Elmer!
- #1470: Fixed: Balloon Toolbar is not visible after drag and drop of a widget it is attached to.
- #1048: Fixed: Balloon Panel is not positioned properly when a margin is added to its non-static parent.
- #889: Fixed: Unclear error message for width and height fields in the Image and Enhanced Image plugins.
- #859: Fixed: Cannot edit a link after a double-click on the text in the link.
- #1013: Fixed: Paste from Word does not work correctly with the
- #1356: Fixed: Border parse function does not allow spaces in the color value.
- #1010: Fixed: The CSS
bordershorthand property was incorrectly expanded ignoring the
- #1535: Fixed: Widget mouseover border contrast is insufficient.
- #1516: Fixed: Fake selection allows removing content in read-only mode using the Backspace and Delete keys.
- #1570: Fixed: Fake selection allows cutting content in read-only mode using the Ctrl/Cmd + X keys.
- #1363: Fixed: Paste notification is unclear and it might confuse users.
- #1346: Balloon Toolbar context manager API is now available in the
pluginDefinition.initmethod of the requiringplugin.
- #1530: Added the possibility to use custom icons for buttons.
- Updated SCAYT (Spell Check As You Type) and WebSpellChecker plugins:
scayt_minWordLengthconfiguration option now defaults to 3 instead of 4.
- SCAYT default number of suggested words in the context menu changed to 3.
- #90: Fixed: Selection is lost on link creation if SCAYT highlights the word.
- Fixed: SCAYT crashes when the browser
- [IE11] Fixed:
Unable to get property type of undefined or null referenceerror in the browser console when SCAYT is disabled/enabled.
- #46: Fixed: Editing is blocked when remote spell checker server is offline.
- Fixed: User Dictionary cannot be created in WSC due to
You already have the dictionaryerror.
- Fixed: Words with apostrophe
'on the replacement make the WSC dialog inaccessible.
- Fixed: SCAYT/WSC causes the
Uncaught TypeErrorerror in the browser console.
- #1337: Updated the samples layout with the new CKEditor 4 logo and color scheme.
- #1591: CKBuilder and language tools are now downloaded over HTTPS. Thanks to August Detlefsen!
- #1249: Enabled the Upload Image plugin by default in standard and full presets. Also, it will no longer log an error in case of missing
- #933: Introduced Balloon Toolbar plugin.
- #662: Introduced image inlining for the Paste from Word plugin.
- #468: [Edge] Introduced support for the Clipboard API.
- #607: Manually inserted Hex color is prefixed with a hash character (
#) if needed. It ensures a valid Hex color value is used when setting the table cell border or background color with the Color Dialog window.
- #584: Font size and Family and Format drop-downs are not toggleable anymore. Default option to reset styles added.
- #856: Introduced the
CKEDITOR.tools.keystrokeToArraymethod. It converts a keystroke into its string representation, returning every key name as a separate array element.
- #1053: Introduced the
CKEDITOR.tools.object.mergemethod. It allows to merge two objects, returning the new object with all properties from both objects deeply cloned.
- #1073: Introduced the
CKEDITOR.tools.array.everymethod. It invokes a given test function on every array element and returns
trueif all elements pass the test.
- #796: Fixed: A list is pasted from OneNote in the reversed order.
- #834: [IE9-11] Fixed: The editor does not save the selected state of radio buttons inserted by the Form Elementsplugin.
- #704: [Edge] Fixed: Using Ctrl/Cmd + Z breaks widget structure.
- #591: Fixed: A column is inserted in a wrong order inside the table if any cell has a vertical split.
- #787: Fixed: Using Cut inside a nested table does not cut the selected content.
- #842: Fixed: List style not restored when toggling list indent level in the Indent List plugin.
- #711: Fixed: Dragging widgets should only work with the left mouse button.
- #862: Fixed: The "Object Styles" group in the Styles Combo plugin is visible only if the whole element is selected.
- #994: Fixed: Typo in the
CKEDITOR.focusManager.focusAPI documentation. Thanks to benjy!
- #1014: Fixed: The Table Tools Cell Properties dialog is now Advanced Content Filter aware — it is not possible to change the cell width or height if corresponding styles are disabled.
- #877: Fixed: A list with custom bullets with exotic characters crashes the editor when pasted from Word.
- #605: Fixed: Inline widgets do not preserve trailing spaces.
- #1008: Fixed: Shorthand Hex colors from the
config.colorButton_colorsoption are not correctly highlighted in the Color Button Text Color or Background Color panel.
- #1094: Fixed: Widget definition
upcastmethods are called for every element.
- #1057: Fixed: The Notification plugin overwrites Web Notifications API due to leakage to the global scope.
- #1068: Fixed: Upload widget paste listener ignores changes to the
- #921: Fixed: [Edge] CKEditor erroneously perceives internal copy and paste as type "external".
- #1213: Fixed: Multiple images uploaded using Upload Image plugin are randomly duplicated or mangled.
- #532: Fixed: Removed an outdated user guide link from the About dialog.
- #1221: Fixed: Invalid CSS loaded by Balloon Panel plugin when
config.skinis loaded using a custom path.
- #522: Fixed: Widget selection is not removed when widget is inside table cell with Table Selection plugin enabled.
- #1027: Fixed: Cannot add multiple images to the table with Table Selection plugin in certain situations.
- #1069: Fixed: Wrong shape processing by Paste from Word plugin.
- #995: Fixed: Hyperlinked image gets inserted twice by Paste from Word plugin.
- #1287: Fixed: Widget plugin throws exception if included in editor build but not loaded into editor's instance.
- #1097: Widget
upcastmethods are now called in the widget definition's context.
- #1118: Added the
showoption in the
balloonPanel.attachmethod, allowing to attach a hidden Balloon Panelinstance.
- #1145: Added the
skipNotificationsoption to the
CKEDITOR.fileTools.uploadWidgetDefinition, allowing to switch off default notifications displayed by upload widgets.