The plugin lets you insert images which are automatically rescaled, optimized, responsive and delivered through a blazing-fast CDN. All this with virtually zero server setup. It introduces a new type of a captioned image widget that has the following capabilities:
- It allows for uploading images to CKEditor Cloud Services with a customizable upload progress indication.
- It allows for adding image captions.
- It supports drag and drop for changing the image position.
- It provides image alignment options through the balloon toolbar attached to the widget as well as the context menu.
- It allows for applying custom styles to the image.
- It allows for changing alternative text for the image.
This is an official plugin provided and supported by CKEditor developers.
The recommended way to install all CKEditor add-ons is to create a custom build by using Online builder. To do that, click the Add to my editor button on the plugin page. When you are done, click the Build my editor button on the right side of the page to go to Online builder.
Note: This add-on is already selected to be a part of your current build.
Add-on installation instructions
If you want to add the plugin manually, you will need to:
- Extract the downloaded plugin
pluginsfolder of your CKEditor installation. Example:
- Enable the plugin by using the
extraPluginsconfiguration setting. Example:
config.extraPlugins = 'easyimage';
- Download and configure all its dependencies, too.