CKEditor 4 Integrations
This section presents how you can integrate CKEditor 4 with various frameworks and tools extending its functionality.
# Integrating CKEditor 4 with Other Applications
Read how to integrate CKEditor 4 with the following applications:
- Easy Image – An optional plugin that lets you insert images which are automatically rescaled, optimized, responsive and delivered through a blazing-fast CDN.
- File Manager – Connect a file browser or uploader like CKFinder or learn how to create a custom solution to unlock image upload capabilities in CKEditor.
- Accessibility Checker – An innovative solution that lets you inspect the accessibility level of content created in CKEditor and immediately solve any accessibility issues that are found.
# Is CKEditor 4 Compatible with Framework XYZ?
How do I use CKEditor 4 with my framework?
While CKEditor 4 is compatible with your framework and initializing it requires a single method call, integrating CKEditor 4 with your framework may require using an existing or writing a new adapter (integration layer) that will communicate your framework with CKEditor 4.
When checking how to integrate CKEditor 4 with your framework you can follow these steps:
Check whether an official integration exists.
If not, search for community-driven integrations. Most of them are available on npm.
If none exists, integrate CKEditor 4 with your framework by yourself and share it with the world!
# Official WYSIWYG Editor Integrations
There are four official integrations so far:
- CKEditor 4 WYSIWYG editor for Angular
- CKEditor 4 WYSIWYG editor for React
- CKEditor 4 WYSIWYG editor for Vue.js
- CKEditor 4 WYSIWYG editor for jQuery
Refer to their documentation to learn how to use them.
We plan to provide more integrations with time. We would like to hear your ideas what we should work on next.
# Compatibility with Electron
CKEditor 4 is compatible with Electron. Using CKEditor 4 in Electron applications does not require any additional steps.
# Integrating CKEditor 4 with Module Bundlers
Follow the documentation to learn how to integrate CKEditor 4 with webpack.