CKEditor Cloud Services is a cloud platform for editing and real-time collaboration services.
# Easy Image
Easy Image is a service that takes care of image uploads. It reduces the effort required on your part to build a complete modern editing solution with support for embedding images.
Easy Image guarantees that all images inserted into your content are responsive. With a single image upload, several optimized versions of the image are created after upload by CKEditor Cloud Services, for different sizes of displays. All this is transparent to the end user who uploaded the image. Rescaled and optimized images are delivered through a blazing-fast CDN.
Easy Image is a service that runs in the cloud, however, it also requires the client-side part to operate. At this moment there are three integrations available: for CKEditor 5, CKEditor 4 and inside Letters.
# Easy Image for CKEditor 5
The Easy Image plugin is included in all CKEditor 5 Builds. No special steps are required to use it, apart from configuring the CKEditor Cloud Services access.
# Easy Image for CKEditor 4
Starting from the CKEditor 4.9 release, CKEditor 4 comes with an optional plugin called Easy Image that provides a similar modern user experience as the feature available in CKEditor 5.
# Easy Image in Letters
Easy Image is included in Letters, so there are no extra steps needed to use it.
# Real-time collaboration
CKEditor Cloud Services offers a fast and highly scalable service for real-time collaboration, compatible with rich text editors built on top of CKEditor 5 Framework. It is capable of handling real-time collaboration on text documents and tracking users connected to the document. It also serves as a storage for comments added to the document.
Apart from having a supporting backend to transmit operations, resolve conflicts and apply changes between users connected to the same document, some features are needed on the client side to offer a full real-time collaboration experience:
- Showing multiple cursors and selection coming from other users.
- Showing users connecting to and disconnecting from the document.
- Offering the UI for managing comments and markers in the document.
CKEditor Ecosystem offers two solutions for implementing real-time collaborative editing:
- CKEditor 5 Collaboration Features — A collection of plugins that can be integrated with any CKEditor 5 build to provide a fully flexible and customizable experience.
- Letters — A ready-to-use real-time collaborative editor with all the essential features.
# CKEditor 5 Real-time collaboration features
CKEditor 5 Real-time collaboration features let you customize any CKEditor 5 build to include real-time collaborative editing, commenting and track changes features and tailor them to your needs.
Real-time collaboration consists of four features delivered as separate plugins that can be used with any CKEditor 5 build:
- Real-time collaborative editing – Allows for editing the same document by multiple users simultaneously. It also automatically solves all conflicts if users make changes at the same time.
- Real-time collaborative comments – Makes it possible to add comments to any part of content in the editor.
- Real-time collaborative track changes – Changes to the content are saved as suggestions that can be accepted or discarded later.
- Users selection and presence list – Shows the selection of other users and lets you view the list of users currently editing the content in the editor.
All of the above features are customizable. This makes implementing real-time collaborative editing within your application a highly customizable out-of-the-box experience.
For an in-depth introduction to CKEditor 5 Collaboration Features refer to the Collaboration overview.
Letters is a ready-to-use, distraction-free real-time collaborative editor built on top of CKEditor 5 Framework. It offers a complete editing experience, with a beautiful UI, carefully selected editing features, real-time collaboration and comments — all available out of the box, ready to integrate with your application.
For an in-depth introduction to Letters features refer to the Letters overview.
# Next steps
If you are interested in Easy Image, check Quick start for a short instruction on how to start using Easy Image.
If you are interested in CKEditor 5 Collaboration Features, check Collaboration overview for information how to enable real-time collaborative editing in your CKEditor 5 build.
If you are looking for a ready-to-use editing solution that includes both real-time collaboration and Easy Image, check Letters.