CKFinder 2.4 Released
The CKSource team is happy to announce the release of CKFinder 2.4. This is a major release that includes a variety of fixes for virtually all server-side connectors. It also introduces two major new features: image Watermarks for Java and a Search box to help you easily find files. In all, the new version includes over 60 improvements!
The toolbar now includes a new Search box that lets you easily find files in selected folders. This will facilitate finding what you are looking for in large repositories using specific file name strings.
The image Watermark feature is now available for Java as well! It lets you easily add logos and emblems to uploaded images, offering an all-in-one solution for sites that heavily rely on copyrighted pics. We have also checked and ensured Watermark compatibility with all popular servers in this release, including Weblogic.
- Fixed the ability to overwrite images upon resizing.
- Long file names no longer overlap the image in Lightbox preview.
- Fixed display issues in IE10 and IE11.
- It is now possible to upload files in IE10/IE11 when CKFinder is running in a popup.
- Classic upload for popup sample now works in IE9.
- Dialog windows can now be opened after opening CKFinder twice in a popup.
- Fixed the broken ImageResize plugin in ASP.
- Various "access denied" errors no longer appear occasionally in IE when CKFinder is running in a popup.
- And much more...
- Added compatibility with 64bit version of Persits dll. Thanks to Demian.
- Updated Thumbnailator to the latest stable version. Current version is 0.4.5.
- Connector documentation has been updated.
- Connector now supports Tomcat 5.5-7, Jetty 7-9, Glassfish 3.0-3.1, JBoss 6-7, Weblogic 11g-12c.
- Updated colorbox library used by the gallery plugin to the latest version, compatible with latest versions of jQuery.
CKFinder 3 on the Horizon!
We would also like to inform everyone that CKFinder 3 development has begun! Version 3 will represent the single biggest update in CKFinder's history with a revamped code, loads of new features, a new skin, and many other improvements.
Best of all, it will be out in a few months, so if you buy CKFinder now you will be entitled to a free upgrade! Don't hesitate and buy now so you can enjoy the latest CKFinder 2.4 today and the upcoming CKFinder 3!
See the whatsnew page for a list of changes.
Community support is available through our forums. Visit the support page for additional options.