CKEditor 4.20.2 with improved navigation, API changes, and bugfixes
The CKEditor 4.20.2 maintenance release comes with improved navigation over dialog radio buttons, various bug fixes, and important API changes.
# Improved dialog radio buttons navigation
The editor UI navigation plays a significant role in both the functionality and the user experience, especially in the context of web accessibility. One of the dialog features – the radio buttons – comes with very specific requirements regarding proper keyboard navigation:
- The Tab or Shift+Tab keys should only focus the selected radio button in the group, otherwise, the first radio button (Tab) or the last (Shift+Tab) one should be selected.
- The arrow keys move focus to the previous or the next radio button in the group and select that button.
- Space selects the radio button with focus and de-selects other radio buttons in the group.
In CKEditor 4.20.2 we have revisited the behavior of dialog radio button navigation and made it compatible with the best standards.
# API Changes
Important changes have been introduced to the editor API:
- The startup data passed to the widget’s command is now used to also populate the widget’s template.
- We have added the
colorButton_contentsCssconfiguration option. It allows adding custom CSS to the Color Button menu content. Thanks for that contribution go to mihilion!
# Other improvements
- We have fixed the error thrown after applying formatting to the widget with inline editable and switching to the source mode. Thanks for that contribution go to Glen!
- We have improved undo mechanism. It is now able to recognize changes in table cells separately. Multiple changes in the table can be undone one by one.
- Fixed an issue where uploading an image to the editor did not properly propagate the change event, resulting in passing incorrect data in form controls for integration frameworks, such as Reactive forms in Angular.
- We removed a potential memory leak caused by the Maximize plugin when destroying the editor, where
hashchangeevents on the
windowwere not properly cleaned up.
# Release notes
CKEditor is available under Open Source and Commercial licenses. Full details can be found on our license page.