CKEditor Weekly for October 28, 2013
Welcome to CKEditor Weekly, a summary of all the interesting happenings in and around the CKEditor community. The team closed quite a few CKEditor 4.3 tickets over the week, mainly related to (or innitiated by) the new Widgets feature. In all, CKEditor 4.3 is shaping up quite nicely. Read on for details...
CKEditor in review
- The team squashed a few more Widget bugs over the week, making the new feature even more stable. Here’s a small list of things that were closed since last week:
- Fixed a bug where Tab-navigation was faulty in dialogs.
- Closed an issue where styles would be applied to entire Widgets. This was in fact a huge issue as it reinvented the whole logic of styles application to non-editable elements and nested editables.
- Fixed keyboard events being prevented while a Widget is focused.
- Found workarounds (here and here) for a Firefox issue that affects the new Image Widget.
- Fixed how the Link and Unlink features work with non-editable elements.
Our new CKEditor 4.3 Language plugin got a Remove Formatting option. You can see how the option looks in the image below:The new plugin lets you label the language of content. This makes it possible for user agents and assistive technologies to present content according to the presentation and pronunciation rules for that language.
Around the Net
- eXo Platform upgraded from FCKeditor to CKEditor 4.1. The Enterprise Social Platform now offers inline editing, Advanced Content Filter and all the benefits of CKEditor 4!
- Russell Maher posted a tutorial on how to create custom templates in CKEditor for XPages. Templates are some of the most underused yet practical tools in CKEditor's arsenal.
- Inc.com posted a nice video of Acquia co-founder, Dries Buytaert, explaining how Drupal came into existence and why it's Open Source. He perfectly summarizes how giving away things for free can make economic sense.
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!