CKEditor Weekly for March 31, 2015
We're back with another CKEditor Weekly! The short Easter break is coming in a few days, while the development team is working hard on the upcoming CKEditor, CKFinder and Bender.js releases. Read on for details!
CKEditor in Review
- Twelve CKEditor 4.4.8 tickets have already been closed, the most recent ones being an issue with the Paste from Word plugin removing classes and an incorrect structure being created when merging a block into a list item on Backspace and Delete.
- The new MediaEmbed plugin was renamed to "Embed" and its code was generalized. It will be possible to reuse the base in order to create new widgets specialized in embedding asynchronously retrieved content.
- While integrating block widget's drag and drop with the new drag and drop APIs we hit a nasty problem on IE8. It turns out that element.cloneNode() adds colons to HTML5 element names. Hopefully, this is the last surprise...
- We continued implementing the new samples framework in CKEditor samples and toolbar configurators for CKEditor 4.5.
- On Bender.js front, last issues are being resolved for the upcoming release of version 0.2.3 (which will probably be out next week).
- Work on the CKFinder 3 beta release is progressing, too. Apart from documentation and routine bug fixing, lots of important improvements were introduced, eg. for HTML encoding handling in file names, HTML5 uploads, scaled image selection, overall image editing, and some FTP adapter features. The image save dialog was reworked, too.
- Work has also started on creating a Moono skin for CKFinder. The new skin will make CKFinder match the CKEditor 4 look for better user experience within our main products.
Around the Net
- A quick, but thorough article about troubles with listening on DOM events in CKEditor was written by Piotrek Koszuliński, CKEditor lead developer.
- A comparison of Drupal 7 image caption methods using the WYSIWYG module with CKEditor was written by Michelle Williamson.
- An article on colour-formatting code segments in Drupal using CKEditor written by Bruno Pineiro was published on Iterate.ie.
- A tutorial on customizing CKEditor with WebSphere Commerce was published by IBM developerWorks.
That's it for this week(s). If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!