CKEditor Weekly for March 2, 2015
We're back with another CKEditor Weekly! Work on CKEditor 4.5 and CKFinder 3 beta has quite advanced this week, we had a visit from the WebSpellChecker team in our office, and another CKSource meet-up is to be held in Warsaw this week! Read on for details!
CKEditor in Review
- We concluded the range.cloneContents rewrite for CKEditor 4.5, but there are still some follow-up tickets. Situations like this prove how good test coverage we have for the weirdest cases because all these issues were found through our tests suite based on Bender.js.
- The above progress unblocked the last, but most important parts of the integration between clipboard APIs and editor core. In the next two weeks we will be working on giving the near-beta shape to this features.
- With CKEditor Examples live, CKFinder SDK in the works, new CKEditor sample almost finished we have decided to create a brand new samples framework that will power these projects. Apart from the engine itself, all samples will get a new, refreshed look. We hope to share some mockups soon!
- Updates to Bender.js and some of its plugins were released:
- Bender.js 0.2.2,
- benderjs-cli 0.1.1 - with API aligned with Bender.js 0.2.2,
- benderjs-mocha 0.1.4,
- benderjs-amd 0.2.1.
- Bender.js wiki pages were updated, too.
- CKFinder 3 beta is being polished, with tons of documentation being created and API getting finishing touches. All popup-related issues in Internet Explorer were finally fixed, too!
Around the Net
- IBM developerWorks published an article on Customizing CKEditor with WebSphere Commerce, PDF version available.
- Porting CKEditor module to Backdrop has been completed, it is now available in https://github.com/backdrop-contrib.
- The team is now preparing for the next week’s meet-up in Warsaw! CKEditor 5 will be its main topic, but we are definitely going to talk about side topics like our workflow, team organisation or API docs generators. And we will celebrate another CKEditor birthday!
- We had a very productive visit of WebSpellChecker’s General Manager, Kira Goncharova, and Yuri Kremenchutskiy, Lead Software Engineer to our office. WebSpellChecker.net is a long-time partner of CKEditor that delivers the spell checking plugins, wsc and scayt. We talked about both technical issues (such as the test environment or daily workflow) as well as business opportunities. You can see some photos documenting the visit here!
- The holiday season slowly comes to CKSource, and this week we have some photos from Cuba to share, courtesy of Maciej Gołaszewski, CKFinder developer! And since your dedicated weekly reporter will be away for the next few weeks, the weekly series might get a bit irregular during this time. Stay tuned to some more regular updates in April, though!
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!