CKEditor Weekly for July 12, 2013
Welcome to CKEditor Weekly, a weekly review of all the interesting happenings in and around the CKEditor community. Since this is our first recap, this week we’ll summaries the most noteworthy events from the beginning of the month. Expect a new CKEditor Weekly every Monday!
CKEditor in review
- Closed development of CKEditor 4.1.3 and 4.2 and started testing. Both versions should officially be out within a couple of weeks.
- New CKEditor download page went live. The new layout makes it easier to compare and select packages.
- Entered the Widgets polishing phase for v4.3. At this point all features are implemented but still need to be shaped and stabilized.
- Moono skin in CKEditor 4.2 will have a Retina icon set for all those lucky enough to work in high resolution.
- Useful "change" event feature added to the upcoming CKEditor 4.2.
- New jQuery adapter (and documentation) is finished and available on github! Again, will be included in upcoming CKEditor 4.2 release.
- Added a new instance creation method that allows you to replace <textarea> with an inline editor.
- Pauljvrw added a new Toolbar Switch on Maximize plugin to our repository. The plugin lets you change the editor's UI when switching between normal and maximized mode.
Around the Net
- We’d like to thank WebSpellChecker for changing their look to match our new default CKEditor 4 Moono skin.
- Drupal’s own Wim Leers showed off the new Drupal 8 UX for (structured!) image captions, which is powered by our new Widgets feature.
- Mike Kunze posted an interesting tutorial on how create an image uploader in CKEditor 4 with Express and NodeJS.
- Fyneworks updated their jQuery CKEditor Plugin, which lets you easily install CKEditor on your page using jQuery and enables content submission via Ajax.
- eoMedia released a ColdFusion wrapper for CKEditor and CKFinder that wraps customization inside a single external function.
If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!