CKEditor Weekly for January 12, 2015
After some more relaxed time spent with our families at home over Christmas, the CKEditor team is back at work with another weekly status report of all good things happening in-house and around. We are already looking forward to 2015, with plenty of projects on our hands, so read on how we started the New Year!
CKEditor in Review
- New UX-oriented methods for getting and extracting selected HTML are finished and stabilized and are now under review.
- New integration tests between CKEditor’s new file upload API and CKFinder’s connector were created in anticipation of the upcoming CKEditor 4.5 and CKFinder 3 beta releases.
- The new command line interface module for Bender.js, our in-house testing tool, was released. Now the command line interface entry point is separated from Bender.js core, so multiple versions of local Bender.js installations can be conducted by one globally installed executable script.
- A proxy plugin for Bender.js was created. It makes it possible to proxy requests to another server. This allows to workaround the cross-origin policy and thus test a client-server integration without involving the CORS.
- The CKFinder 3 beta is getting polished, with new test being created all the time and bugs being vigorously fixed by the core team. The file selection functionality and CKEditor integration is already finished and the new image editing solution is currently under review.
Around the Net
- CKSource posted a nice article on Top WYSIWYG Editor Myths.
- IvoryCKEditorBundle for Symfony2 now supports inline editing.
- CKEditor integration with PluXml, a blog and CMS platform, was updated to 4.4.6.
- DrupalCartagena published a YouTube tutorial on integrating CKEditor and IMCE in Drupal 7 (in Spanish).
- Yannick Chabbert created a tutorial for creating a CKEditor 4 plugin (in French).
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!