CKEditor Weekly for February 9, 2015
We're back with another CKEditor Weekly! Among other things, this week the development team is working hard on CKEditor 4.5, including two new helper tools that should make life easier for every developer installing the editor… Read on to learn what they are!
CKEditor in Review
- Two important tools for CKEditor 4.5 are in the works now: the samples and the toolbar configurator. We introduced CKEditor SDK last year with the intention of replacing the samples distributed with each CKEditor package with just one basic sample. This is coming in the upcoming major release and we are hoping to keep the new editor sample straightforward, concise and helpful.
- Additionally, CKEditor 4.5 will also see the introduction of the truly user-friendly toolbar configurators to make the frequently performed toolbar customization task as painful-free for everyone, even the entry-level users, as possible!
- Back to core CKEditor code, the developers are working on integrating new features (like the notification plugin and drag&drop uploads) with existing editor functionality. The Media Embed plugin is also up for review this week.
- CKFinder 3 beta bug fixing phase continues, and the UI is still being polished. The server-side documentation is also being reviewed right now, to make sure that when this brand new version is released, its installation and configuration process is as smooth as possible!
- benderjs-sinon was updated to version 0.2.2. This is the Sinon.js adapter for Bender.js.
Around the Net
- CKEditor for Vaadin 7.9.6 was released, with CKEditor upgraded to 4.4.7.
- IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 3 was released, with CKEditor updated to 126.96.36.199:
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!