CKEditor Weekly for December 09, 2013
We're back with another edition of CKEditor Weekly. This week the team is getting ready to release CKEditor 4.3.1 and one of project's core developers attended a Git Kata. What's a Git Kata? Read on to find out...
CKEditor in review
- CKEditor 4.3.1 should be out this week. It will contain a number of fixes, many of which are related to Internet Explorer (IE8-IE11). It will also include a few accessibility improvements. Here's a short list of fixes:
- Fixed a Firefox issue where the caret would disappear after dragging a widget
- Fixed an IE11 issue where the editor crashes when in Quirks Mode
- Tweaked the widget drag handler so it's fully visible when inline widget is in a heading
- Changed the Enhanced Image button, context menu, command, and icon names to match those of the Image plugin.
- Fixed pasting from Microsoft Office Word so table froms don't lose the value of border attributes
- Improved JAWS compatibility so it reads disbaled buttons as unavailable
- Improved JAWS compatibility so it reads out the selected item on the language menu
- And much more...
Around the Net
For more pics and information about last week's Git Kata visit the official Git Kata Facebook page. You can also check out Piotr's git presentation here.
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!