CKEditor Weekly for August 17, 2015
Here is your CKEditor weekly update. Find out about the upcoming release of CKEditor and our debut on Medium. We are also focusing on the upcoming release of CKFinder 3.1. and we have released a new version of Bender with HTTPS support. Read on for more.
CKEditor in Review
The team is closing the 4.5.3 milestone, which includes minor bug fixes and stability improvements.
This milestone fixes a number of issues in the Paste From Word plugin ( #8780, #11215, #12762, #13590) and brings several enhancements to the file upload system:
- Introduced the
config.fileTools_defaultFileNameconfiguration option to allow the default file name for paste uploads (#13501).
- Allowed the upload of bitmap (
.bmp) image files (#13603).
The exact release date is yet to be announced as it depends on QA testing. However, 4.5.3 is expected to be released this week, which will be announced on the blog.
We are also excited that Firefox 40.0 fixed the regression that made content editing in widget editables impossible. More information about the bug can be found in #13507.
We are focusing on the upcoming release of CKFinder 3.1. Currently we are working on performance and user experience improvements, especially important for remote storages. Last week we:
- Added a brand new Kurdish localization, as provided by Hozha Koyi. We would like to take this opportunity to thank Hozha for her work on translating both CKEditor and CKFinder - it's much appreciated!
- Added a file caching mechanism which improves loading times for slow and remote backends.
- New version was released with several fixes and changes, focusing on HTTPS support.
Around the Net
- We have started our own publication on Medium and went live with these two articles:
- Learn How to Make a Perfect, Responsive, Touch-Screen Compatible WYSIWYG Experience for Drupal Using CKEditor - a great article by Bitcookie Web Design Studio.
- A very nice series of CKEditor tutorials has surfaced on YouTube - these are created by University of Iowa for their faculty that is using a Drupal based platform for creating websites.
- Token Insertion plugin - this plugin allows you to insert tokens into the CKEditor for replacement with data.
That sums up the last week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us.
Have a great week ahead!