CKEditor Biweekly for February 1, 2016
Here we are with the latest CKEditor update. Read on for more!
CKEditor in Review
Starting from last week, the CKEditor npm package will be officially updated and maintained by the CKSource team. That includes both:
- the minified CKEditor release version as ckeditor package,
- the dev friendly CKEditor source version as ckeditor-dev package
We are currently entering the testing phase for our 4.5.7 release.
During the last two weeks we have been able to close two major tasks and couple of less significant ones. First of all, the Tree View landed on master branch closing the lower part of this lovely diagram.
We have also finished porting all our code to ES6 modules, which allowed us to clear the code base and to move to more productive tasks.
Other than that:
- We started discussing UX related aspects. Feel free to contribute.
- We begun updating the documentation (e.g. CKEditor 5 Development Workflow, CKEditor 5 Architecture Overview, CKEditor Development Environment). Recent refactoring effort brought us some important changes, so we want to make sure that the documentation is updated as soon as possible.
We are currently working on the following tasks:
- Improving the Files Pane performance when loading a folder with thousands of files.
- Reorganizing language files and testing recent changes.
We are making great progress with CKFinder 3 for ASP.NET as we are currently testing .NET connector for feature compatibility with the PHP connector.
Around the Net
- A comprehensive article on optimizing your Drupal 7 CKEditor.
- An interesting article on WYSIWYG editors and the DOM.
- The following new plugin was added to the CKEditor Add-ons Repository:
This sums up the last two weeks.
If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Biweeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us.
Have a great week ahead!