We would like to announce the release of CKEditor 4.2.3. This is the last minor bug-fixing release for the CKEditor 4.2 line that precedes another major release, CKEditor 4.3, which is also released today. CKEditor 4.2.3 includes just a few fixes for some specific issues.
Below is a short overview of the changes included in this release:
- #10994: Fixed: Loading external jQuery library when opening the jQuery Adapter sample directly from file.
- #10975: [IE] Fixed: Error thrown while opening the color palette.
- #9929: [Blink/WebKit] Fixed: A non-breaking space is created once a character is deleted and a regular space is typed.
- #10963: Fixed: JAWS issue with the keyboard shortcut for Magic Line.
- #11096: Fixed: TypeError: Object has no method 'is'.
What Is Next?
This is the last release for the 4.2 line which is followed by a new major CKEditor version, 4.3, also released today. CKEditor 4.3 is packed full with new features, including the innovative Widget System that you could already see in the CKEditor 4.3 Beta release (and in fact, very much improved since that time!). Check out the CKEditor 4.3 release post for more details about this exciting version!
Check out the What's New? page for the full list of changes.
CKEditor is available under Open Source and Commercial licenses. Full details can be found on our license page.
Please use the CKEditor Development website to report issues and suggestions through tickets.