We would like to announce the release of CKEditor 4.2.2. This is a minor bug-fixing release that precedes another major release, CKEditor 4.3, which is due very soon. CKEditor 4.2.2 includes a handful of fixes for accessibility-related issues with panels, floating toolbar, and JAWS as well as some browser-specific problems.
Below is a short overview of the changes included in this release:
- #10951: Reviewed and optimized focus handling on panels (combo, menu buttons, color buttons, and context menu) to enhance accessibility. Fixed #10705, #10706 and #10707.
- #10704: Fixed a JAWS issue with the Select Color dialog window title not being announced.
- #10753: The floating toolbar in inline instances now has a dedicated accessibility label.
- #10914: Plugins Indent List and Indent Block are now included in the build configuration.
- Internet Explorer only fixes: #10308, #10910, #10868.
- #10812: Fixed range#createBookmark2 incorrectly normalizing offsets. This bug was causing many issues: #10850, #10842.
- ... and more, including a Chrome issue with caret not showing, non-editable link issues, incorrect handling of paths by CKEDITOR.plugins.addExternal, CKEDITOR.tools.isArray not working cross-frame, and invalid CSS filter in the Kama skin.
What Is Next?
After a successful CKEditor 4.3 Beta release we are working really hard on the final CKEditor 4.3 version that is due to be released very soon! Apart from Internet Explorer 11 compatibility, the Language button, and updated smileys that you already know from the beta version, we are going to release widgets feature along with plenty of improvements that the whole team has been working on for the last couple of weeks. If you have not tried 4.3 Beta yet, just check the samples and be aware that the final CKEditor 4.3 release will be even better!
Check out the What's New? page for the full list of changes.
Please use the CKEditor Development website to report issues and suggestions through tickets.