We are happy to announce the release of CKEditor 4.0.2. This latest update brings a variety of important fixes and changes to CKEditor, including a few browser-specific updates and a couple of skin fixes. You are also welcome to try out CKEditor 4.1 RC. It introduces many new features not included in version 4.0.2.
Here is a short overview of some bug fixes included in this latest release:
- #9779: Fixed overriding CKEDITOR.getUrl with CKEDITOR_GETURL.
- #9872: Resolved Editor.checkDirty() returning true when called onload. Removed obsolete editor.mayBeDirty flag.
- #9029: Fixed custom styles added with styleSet.add() being displayed in wrong order.
- #9872: Fixed not being able to to type square brackets with French keyboard layout. Changed magicline keystrokes.
- #9507: [Firefox] Resolved problem where selection is moved before editable position when editor focused for the first time.
- #9940: [Firefox] Navigating back to a page with the editor is no longer making the entire page editable.
- #9947: [Webkit] Fixed issue where the editor overflows parent container in some edge cases.
- #10123: [Webkit] Fixed several dialogs that had broken layouts since latest Webkit.
We also made a few modifications to Accessibility and language support. ARIA menu items no longer have invalid properties, and sourceview isn't broken when RTL language is set. Additionally, we fixed a bug that was breaking the toolbar layout when mixing text direction (RTL-LTR).
Check out the What's New? page for the full list of changes.
CKEditor is available in Open Source and Commercial licenses. Full details can be found on our license page.
Please use the CKEditor development website to report issues and suggestions through tickets.