- Categories: Contents, Data
- Author: CKSource
- License: Commercial
This plugin offers Excel-like functionality available right inside CKEditor 4. It allows you to create intelligent, data-driven documents in your WYSIWYG editor. This makes it a perfect solution for financial, auditing, engineering, technical and science industries.
When enabled, the Spreadsheet plugin allows you to insert advanced spreadsheet widgets into your rich-text content and provides the following features:
- Inserting spreadsheets with and without a header row or column and with any number of rows and columns.
- Creating auto-updating references to spreadsheet cells right inside editor content.
- Autoconverting data pasted from Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets into a spreadsheet instance.
- Converting existing tables to spreadsheet instances and vice versa.
- Inserting spreadsheets using predefined templates.
- Spreadsheet structure manipulation (adding, removing or resizing rows and columns).
- Renaming row and column headers.
- Single and multi-column sorting.
- Basic data styling like bold, italic, underline and so on.
- Changing cell alignment, text and background color, font size and font family.
- Selecting cell type and formatting with data validation support.
- Using formulas.
- Auto filling rows and columns.
- Applying various conditional formatting rules to single and multiple cells, entire columns or spreadsheets.
- Advanced copying and pasting.
For a more detailed Spreadsheet plugin functionality overview, refer to the Creating Data Grids with Spreadsheet Plugin article. See the Spreadsheets Integration guide for information about how to install and configure the plugin.
This feature is provided as a commercial product and provides integration with our partner solution, Handsontable. A license can be purchased here.
This is an official plugin provided and supported by CKEditor developers.
You can submit bug reports directly to its GitHub issues tracker and discuss any integration issues on StackOverflow.
The recommended way to install all CKEditor add-ons is to create a custom build by using Online builder. To do that, click the Add to my editor button on the plugin page. When you are done, click the Build my editor button on the right side of the page to go to Online builder.
Note: This add-on is already selected to be a part of your current build.
Add-on installation instructions
If you want to add the plugin manually, you will need to:
- Extract the downloaded plugin
pluginsfolder of your CKEditor installation. Example:
- Enable the plugin by using the
extraPluginsconfiguration setting. Example:
config.extraPlugins = 'spreadsheet';
- Download and configure all its dependencies, too.
|Plugin versions||CKEditor versions|