Fixed ReDoS vulnerability in the Autolink plugin.
Issue summary: It was possible to execute a ReDoS-type attack inside CKEditor 4 by persuading a victim to paste a specially crafted URL-like text into the editor and press Enter or Space.
Fixed ReDoS vulnerability in the Advanced Tab for Dialogs plugin.
Issue summary: It was possible to execute a ReDoS-type attack inside CKEditor 4 by persuading a victim to paste a specially crafted text into the Styles dialog.
An upgrade is highly recommended!
- #2800: Unsupported image formats are now gracefully handled by the Paste from Word plugin on paste, additionally showing descriptive error messages.
- #2800: Unsupported image formats are now gracefully handled by the Paste from LibreOffice plugin on paste, additionally showing descriptive error messages.
- #3582: Introduced smart positioning of the Autocomplete panel used by the Mentions and Emoji plugins. The panel will now be additionally positioned related to the browser viewport to be always fully visible.
#4388: Added the option to remove an iframe created with the IFrame Dialog plugin from the sequential keyboard navigation using the
tabindexattribute. Thanks to Timo Kirkkala!
- #1134: [Safari] Fixed: Paste from Word does not embed images.
- #2800: Fixed: No images are imported from Microsoft Word when the content is pasted via the Paste from Word plugin if there is at least one image of unsupported format.
- #4379: [Edge] Fixed: Incorrect detection of the high contrast mode.
- #4422: Fixed: Missing space between the button name and the keyboard shortcut inside the button label in the high contrast mode.
- #2208: [IE] Fixed: The Autolink plugin duplicates the native browser implementation.
- #1824: Fixed: The Autolink plugin should require the Link plugin.
#4253: Fixed: The Editor Placeholder plugin throws an error during the editor initialization with
config.fullPageenabled when there is no
<body>tag in the editor content.
#4372: Fixed: The Autogrow plugin changes the editor's width when used with an absolute
#4358: Introduced the
CKEDITOR.tools.colorclass which adds colors validation and methods for converting colors between various formats: named colors, HEX, RGB, RGBA, HSL and HSLA.
#3782: Moved the
CKEDITOR.plugins.pastetools.filters.word.imagesfilters to the
CKEDITOR.plugins.pastetools.filtersare now available under the
CKEDITOR.ajaxspecialized loading methods for loading binary (
CKEDITOR.ajax.loadBinary()) and text (
- The WebSpellChecker (WSC) plugin is now disabled by default in Standard and Full presets. It can be enabled via