With this plugin, CKEditor will automatically expand and shrink vertically depending on the amount and size of content entered in its editing area.
The following configuration options are available:
- maximum and minimum editor height after adjustment to content,
- extra space to be added between content and editor bottom bar,
- having auto grow happen on editor startup
Note: This plugin is designed to work only with the classic editor.
This is an official plugin provided and supported by CKEditor developers.
The recommended way to install all CKEditor add-ons is to create a custom build by using Online builder. To do that, click the Add to my editor button on the plugin page. When you are done, click the Build my editor button on the right side of the page to go to Online builder.
Note: This add-on is already selected to be a part of your current build.
Add-on installation instructions
If you want to add the plugin manually, you will need to:
- Extract the downloaded plugin
pluginsfolder of your CKEditor installation. Example:
- Enable the plugin by using the
extraPluginsconfiguration setting. Example:
config.extraPlugins = 'autogrow';
- Download and configure all its dependencies, too.
No additional dependencies.
|Plugin versions||CKEditor versions|
The first minor release for CKEditor 4.13.
The first bug fixing release for CKEditor 4.12.
The fourth bug fixing release for CKEditor 4.11.