This plugin provides contextual completion feature for custom text matches based on user input. Every time the user types a pre-configured matching character, such as "@" or "#", they get information about available autocomplete options. It includes the following features:
- Customization of the text matching function.
- Asynchronous data feed.
- Templating system for both the dropdown options and accepted output.
- Throttling to reduce text check frequency.
This is an official plugin provided and supported by CKEditor developers.
The recommended way to install all CKEditor add-ons is to create a custom build by using Online builder. To do that, click the Add to my editor button on the plugin page. When you are done, click the Build my editor button on the right side of the page to go to Online builder.
Note: This add-on is already selected to be a part of your current build.
Add-on installation instructions
If you want to add the plugin manually, you will need to:
- Extract the downloaded plugin
pluginsfolder of your CKEditor installation. Example:
- Enable the plugin by using the
extraPluginsconfiguration setting. Example:
config.extraPlugins = 'autocomplete';
- Download and configure all its dependencies, too.