File manager and uploader created by the core development team behind CKEditor.
- Multiple file uploads with drag-and-drop support.
- Built-in image editor with cropping, resizing, rotating, adjusting brightness, contrast, saturation, exposure, and sharpness plus some pre-defined filter presets.
- Mobile friendly and fully responsive.
- Fully accessible with great keyboard navigation and screen reader support.
- Cloud storage support (Amazon, Dropbox) and FTP connector.
- Full user access control with private folders and Access Control List (ACL).
- Multiple localizations available.
- Moono skin compatible with the default CKEditor 4 skin.
- Customizable skins compatible with jQuery UI Themeroller.
- Quality image thumbnails with a variable size that the user can change with a simple slider.
- Fast – great performance overall.
- Powerful API and extensive documentation with samples allowing for adding new features.
- Friendly architecture built on top of well-known libraries such as jQuery, jQuery Mobile, Backbone, Marionette, and RequireJS.
- With PHP, ASP.NET, Java, ASP and ColdFusion server-side connectors.
This is an official plugin provided and supported by CKEditor developers.
The recommended way to install all CKEditor add-ons is to create a custom build by using Online builder. To do that, click the Add to my editor button on the plugin page. When you are done, click the Build my editor button on the right side of the page to go to Online builder.
Note: This add-on is already selected to be a part of your current build.
Add-on installation instructions
If you want to add the plugin manually, you will need to:
- Extract the downloaded plugin
pluginsfolder of your CKEditor installation. Example:
- Enable the plugin by using the
extraPluginsconfiguration setting. Example:
config.extraPlugins = 'ckfinder';
- Download and configure all its dependencies, too.
No additional dependencies.