Widget Context Menu
- Categories: Accessibility, UI, Usability
- Author: betserd
- License: MIT
A CKEditor plugin which makes it possible to edit, copy and remove widgets using the right click context menu. This overcomes the problems of some widgets that are difficult to select. The name of the widget in the context menu is the title of the outer element, if that does not exist it shows the name of the widget.
By default no configuration is required. To disable commands use any of the following config settings:
config.widgetcontextmenu_edit = false; config.widgetcontextmenu_copy = false; config.widgetcontextmenu_remove = false;
- Context Menu Plugin (http://ckeditor.com/cke4/addon/contextmenu)
- Widget Plugin (http://ckeditor.com/cke4/addon/widget)
- Add the widget to your CKEditor build
- Extract the downloaded file into the CKEditor’s plugins folder.
- Enable the plugin by changing or adding the extraPlugins line in your configuration (config.js): config.extraPlugins = 'widgetcontextmenu';
13,554 downloads (view stats)
The recommended way to install all CKEditor add-ons is to create a custom build by using Online builder. To do that, click the Add to my editor button on the plugin page. When you are done, click the Build my editor button on the right side of the page to go to Online builder.
Note: This add-on is already selected to be a part of your current build.
Add-on installation instructions
If you want to add the plugin manually, you will need to:
- Extract the downloaded plugin
pluginsfolder of your CKEditor installation. Example:
- Enable the plugin by using the
extraPluginsconfiguration setting. Example:
config.extraPlugins = 'widgetcontextmenu';
- Download and configure all its dependencies, too.
No additional dependencies.
Note: The plugin may have additional requirements. Check the add-on page and documentation for more details.
|Plugin versions||CKEditor versions|
Added Copy command and added config settings