WProofreader is an external solution for an advanced check of text for any spelling, grammar or style problems. It provides both as you type and on-click proofreading modes in a convenient UI. End users just need to hover on the marked words for instant corrections or have the whole text proofread at once in a separate dialog.
Here’s why WProofreader:
- Available as a standalone secure solution on your server or as an annual subscription to the service hosted by WebSpellChecker.
- Out-of-the-box offer supports spell check in 17 languages and grammar check in 15 out of 17 default languages: American English, British English, Brazilian Portuguese, Canadian English, Canadian French, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian Bokmal, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish and Ukrainian.
- There are also over 150 additional languages and specialized dictionaries such as Medical and Legal available. You can check the full list here.
- Personal user dictionaries. Some rare or field-specific words may be not recognized by our proofreading engine and reported as a mistake. If the word is spelled correctly, a user can add it to their own dictionary to prevent it from being reported in the future.
- Global custom dictionaries are company-wide vocabularies, which are created and set at an admin level on top of the base languages.
- WAI-compliant, up to WCAG 2.1 and Section 508 accessibility standards.
- All modern web browsers are supported including the latest stable versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, MS Edge, and Internet Explorer 11 and native mobile browsers such as iOS Safari and Chrome for Android.
The recommended way to install all CKEditor add-ons is to create a custom build by using Online builder. To do that, click the Add to my editor button on the plugin page. When you are done, click the Build my editor button on the right side of the page to go to Online builder.
Note: This add-on is already selected to be a part of your current build.
Add-on installation instructions
If you want to add the plugin manually, you will need to:
- Extract the downloaded plugin
pluginsfolder of your CKEditor installation. Example:
- Enable the plugin by using the
extraPluginsconfiguration setting. Example:
config.extraPlugins = 'wproofreader';
- Download and configure all its dependencies, too.
No additional dependencies.
Note: The plugin may have additional requirements. Check the add-on page and documentation for more details.