This plugin generates a table of contents.
- It simply crawls the content for Heading-Tags (<h1>, ... ,<h6>)
- Creates formated Table of Contents with <p> and margins for indent. (see screenshot 2)
- generates for each heading id- and name-attributes on h-tag
- deletes automatically already generated tocs inside the document.
The Plugin uses some code from http://ckeditor.com/forums/CKEditor-3.x/CKEditor-Plugin-Table-Contents. The Plugin is localized in german and english.
1. Download the plugin from here
2. Extract (decompress) the downloaded file into the plugins folder of your CKEditor installation.
3. Enable the plugin by using the extraPlugins configuration setting.
Example: CKEDITOR.config.extraPlugins = "toc";
Make sure, "div" is included into the format_tags configuration setting.
Example: CKEDITOR.config.format_tags = 'div';
4. The "Links"-Toolbar now contains the toc-button
The recommended way to install all CKEditor add-ons is to create a custom build by using Online builder. To do that, click the Add to my editor button on the plugin page. When you are done, click the Build my editor button on the right side of the page to go to Online builder.
Note: This add-on is already selected to be a part of your current build.
Add-on installation instructions
If you want to add the plugin manually, you will need to:
- Extract the downloaded plugin
pluginsfolder of your CKEditor installation. Example:
- Enable the plugin by using the
extraPluginsconfiguration setting. Example:
config.extraPlugins = 'toc';
- Download and configure all its dependencies, too.
No additional dependencies.
Note: The plugin may have additional requirements. Check the add-on page and documentation for more details.