I am trying to upgrade from FCKeditor version 2.2 to 2.6.4 in an ASP application. The old version works fine, but we want to use the new features (especially the spell check). I replaced the old version with the new version in the same directory. I've checked the configuration in fckconfig.js several times. However, the editor will not load in either Firefox or IE. I receive many js errors, starting with the following:
* Error: malformed URI sequence
Source File: http://[my website]/FCKEditor/editor/js/fckeditorcode_gecko.js
* Error: FCKConfig is undefined
Source File: http://[my website]/FCKEditor/fckconfig.js
This seems like a path issue to me, but I can't figure it out. So far, here are the things I've checked (most of them more than once):
* FCKConfig.BaseHref in fckconfig.js
* sBasePath in fckeditor.asp
* the paths in my ASP pages (which I don't expect to change, since FCKeditor is in the same directory)
* the commas in the toolbar definitions in fckconfig.js
I'm sure the problem is something simple, but I can't find it. I haven't done any major configuration changes in either the old or new installations. I've been through as many help docs and forum posts as I can find.
Has anyone encountered this? Has anyone resolved this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
editor won't load -- js errors