Issue: MS Word pasted content jumps to the bottom of the editor when switching views (such as to Source view and back).
I have tested this in 2.6 and on the demo of 2.6.3 and it happens in both using IE7/Win. I cannot reproduce it start-to-finish in Firefox. These are the steps to reproduce it:
- Starting with a page of pre-existing, well-formatted content, delete a paragraph in the middle.
- Paste a simple block of copy from MS Word, being careful to NOT use the 'Paste from Word' feature.
- Put the cursor after the last character of the copy you've just pasted, hit the Enter key.
- Use the 'Paste from Word' feature to paste in the same content, checking both boxes in the dialog.
- Flip to Source view and back. The content you pasted last will have jumped to very bottom of the page.
This keeps happening with some of our users. It may be a function of pre-existing bad code on the page, or they paste the wrong way and try to fix it. Either way, it happens regularly. I have been through the forums and support tickets but did not find anything that matched. Has anyone else seen this or heard of a workaround?
Just created this as ticket #2659 (http://dev.fckeditor.net/ticket/2659).