I've mentioned previously this wizard in other threads, but there were some extra things that I wanted to add before announcing it in a more official way.
Now I think that it can help most of the people wanting to use the asp version to do it quickly and with some extra hints after everything is working in order to get more security. So even if you think that you have CKFinder working and everything is OK, I think that it can be useful to give this script a try to find out what it tells you.
The steps would be
- Download CKFinder (the ASP version)
- Install it in your server
- Now it's where the wizard kicks in:
wizard for CKFinder 2.6
wizard for CKFinder 2.3.1
wizard.zip for CKFinder 2.3
wizard.zip for CKFinder 2.2
(download it from the attachment, this is always the latest version).
- Extract its content on your ckfinder folder, and load the default.html file in your browser.
- The scripts will run and they will tell you anything that you must change to get everything perfect.
- When you have finished, delete the wizard folder.
The script has been able to fix all the problems that I've been told so far, but if you get any unexpected error, then please send me a PM with the info so I can try to understand what's going on and generate a proper explanation about the problem and how to fix it.
If you have any suggestion about other tests that could be added or how to improve anything in this script just reply to this message.
Of course, I'm also interested to know if the scripts have been useful to you.