SOLUTION TO THIS POST!!
OK, before everybody gets to reading this post and seeing my utter frustration with the provider and their inability to identify some simple problems. Here is the answer.
In short I was getting the dreaded pink question mark as thumbnails when i'd open the image browser, and when I uploaded an image, i'd get the error call to function ASP.NET.
The list of things below is what I checked, but what helped was the following:
1. Check your URL path, makes sure there are no spaces at the end of the string(This cause no end of hassles for me and thanks to alfonso, I resolved that
2. Set up the "CKFinderTempPath" to a folder where you know has the right permissions. This is what finally resolved it for me. The server did not allow permissions to the ASP.NET temp folder and therefore was causing issues. In future, I'm just going to set this up right from the start. Read the comments in the config file, it will explain how to do this.
3. Download the wizard built by alfonso, I found this very helpful in identified a number of issues. I could even copy the rror and send it to the provider to resolve. This really progressed the resolution. Just remember to remove the folder once you have it set up. This is for security reasons.
Still a great editor and image browser, Can't wait to try the new standard version of FCKEditor 3.
Cheers. and happy coding
My provider has had to change servers and I just can't get ckfinder to work anymore. I have tried just about everything I know and have seen in these forums. all to no avail
1. Spoke to provider to set correct permissions in the relevant folder - OK
2. Downloaded version 1.3.2 and installed - OK
3. Placed in licence key - OK
4. Configured paths BaseURL = "/userfiles/" baseDIR="baseDir = "C:\Domains\raemesa.com\wwwroot\userfiles\ "
This does not take me to this file path. It send me to the ckfinder\usefiles path!!!
5. Tried BaseURL="http://www.raemesa.com/userfiles/" and baseDIR = server.MapPath(baseUrl) & "\"
This comes up with an invalid characyer being used in the baseDIR line!!!
6. Installed the wizard folder to try and troubleshoot.....more errors!!!! mentioned something about can't have ".." in parent paths. I'd gotten rid of those a long time ago as well as with v1.3.2 Found that all this checked was its own files!!!
7. Even though its pointing to the wrong directory, I tried to upload a file. If I don't get an "Invalid Image manipulation client" error, I get error call to ASP.NET error!!!!!!!!!!! ARRGHHH!
Here is soem details
the site - http://www.raemesa.com
Login using md as the username and password
Go to the "Photo Album" page and try browsing for an image and loading it.
I am so sick of trying to configure this thing.
It was working fine on the other server
The hosts are no help at all, they either don't support third party apps or claim its not them.
I need help with this. It really ticking me off!!!!
Error call to ASP.net
SOLUTION TO THIS POST!!