I am a volunteer helping out on our local animal shelter's website. The company that we purchased software to update the website via an admin section utilizes FCK Editor to allow the users to create the individual pages and update them. As of late, we have been unable to do any kind of updating, but we can create blank pages (Not really FCK Editor's fault I don't think). By using Safari, we're able to access the page without the Editor and are able to make the necessary changes.
We have contacted the software firm, but they are insisting that it's not their software (typical software firm ). They claim that it's because of problems with the HTML code. We've deleted pages and re-created them, but they still don't work. The recreated pages are blank and we can't save anything.
I wish I had access to their ASP code so that I would be able to figure out what the problem is. Does anyone have any ideas that would help us get this resolved? Our sheler has a lot of non-Computer Knowledgeable individuals that utilize the many functions of this Editor.
I appreciate any advice you might be able to provide. I don't know what version of the editor they are using, but in the page source it says:
* FCKeditor - The text editor for Internet - http://www.fckeditor.net
* Copyright (C) 2003-2007 Frederico Caldeira Knabben
* == BEGIN LICENSE ==
* Licensed under the terms of any of the following licenses at your
* - GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL")
* - GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL")
* - Mozilla Public License Version 1.1 or later (the "MPL")
* == END LICENSE ==
* File Name: fckeditor.asp
* This is the integration file for ASP.
* It defines the FCKeditor class that can be used to create editor
* instances in ASP pages on server side.
* File Authors:
* Frederico Caldeira Knabben (http://www.fckeditor.net)
Thanks again and I appreciate any advice you might have.
Please Help! Trying to Figure Out Solution to Our Problem