Have just finished up a quick and easy plugin that allows for the integration of NetSpell (http://www.loresoft.com/Applications/Ne ... fault.aspx) with FCKEditor via a FCK plugin. Have attached it to this post, and posted the readme file below. There are probably a couple of rough edges here and there but it seems to work just fine, any problems, questions or comments just post and I'll help out if I can.
FCK Editor spellcheck plugin for asp.net, spell check is performed using NetSpell (http://www.loresoft.com/Applications/Ne ... fault.aspx)
- Download NetSpell from http://www.loresoft.com/Applications/Ne ... fault.aspx
- Copy NetSpell.SpellChecker.dll & NetSpell.SpellChecker.xml to your applications bin directory
- Create the DictionaryFolder key in your web.config (see web.config distributed with netspell).
- Copy plugin files to your FCK directory under editor\plugins\netspell
- Add the following to your fckconfig.js or custom config file
FCKConfig.Plugins.Add( 'netspell', 'en' );
- Include 'Net_Spell' in your toolbar definition.
spellcheck.aspx & spell.js are modified from the file found in the netspell demo\Demo.Web.CSharp folder.
The modifications to spellcheck.aspx are as follows
- Added remove & remove all buttons
- Not selecting a value from the suggestions and clicking replace or replace all no longer
removes the words, to achieve this click remove..
- NetSpell doesnt seem to handle correctly and so indentifies "nbsp" as a spelling
mistake, quick workaround for this implemented.
- As the spell checker is opened in a modal dialog I added the function ShowContextText()
which displays a few words either side of spelling error in order that the user identify
the context in which the work is to appear.
edit: update netspell url..
FCKeditor & NetSpell plugin (asp.net)