I tried making the Browse Server to work but to no avail. I've been trying to make it work for a month now and I just cant make it work . Any help or advise will be very much appreciated. I'm using ASP.NET / IE6 and below are the steps I've taken.
1) Download FCKeditor 2.1.1 http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/fcke ... p?download
2) Download FCKeditor.NET http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=137125
3) Unzip FCKeditor 2.1.1 and make sure that its contents are in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\FCKeditor\
4) Unzip FCKeditor.NET and make sure that its contents are in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\FCKeditor.NET\
5) Copy the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\FCKeditor.NET\bin\Release\FredCK.FCKeditorV2.dll to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bin\ folder
6) Create a new ASP.NET Web Application (VB.NET) and name it FCK (The project folder must be C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\FCK\)
7) At the Solutions Explorer panel, Right Click the References folder and choose Add References
8) Click on the Browse button and select the DLL file at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bin\FredCK.FCKeditorV2.dll and click OK
9) In the Toolbox panel, Right Click Web Forms and select the Add/Remove Items
10) Click on the Browse button and select the DLL file at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bin\FredCK.FCKeditorV2.dll and click OK
11) FCKeditor is now included at your Web Forms controls collection, drag and drop it at WebForm1.aspx
12) Add the ff code at the Page_Load sub routine by double clicking anywhere in the Design layout of WebForm1.aspx
Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
Me.FCKeditor1.ImageBrowserURL = "/FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/browser.html? Connector=connectors/aspx/connector.aspx?Command=GetFoldersAndFiles&Type=Image&CurrentFolder=/TEST/&ServerPath=/FCK/"
13) Edit the fckconfig.js to make sure the ff is present
FCKConfig.ImageBrowser = true ;
FCKConfig.ImageBrowserURL = FCKConfig.BasePath + 'filemanager/browser/default/browser.html?Connector=connectors/aspx/connector.aspx' ;
Note: I removed the "Type" parameter in the ImageBrowserURL
14) Build the Solution, the WebForm1.aspx ran without any errors.
15) Close the WebForm1 browser
16) To properly test the Insert/Edit Images Browse Server functionality, create two folder Image\TEST in your project directory to look like C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\FCK\Image\TEST\
17) Add images to it gif or jpg.
18) Build the Solution again, the WebForm1.aspx should ran without any errors
19) Click the Insert/Edit Image toolbar button
20) Click the Browse Server button
21) The FCKeditor Resource Browser window dialog should appear without any errors
After step 21, it appears that the dialog box didnt show any image files, nor does it respond to any Create New Folder actions.
Anyone has a clue on where I did wrong?