New Features and Improvements:
- A new tab called "Link" is available in the Image Dialog window. In this way you can insert or modify the image link directly from that dialog.*
- The new "Templates" command is now available. Now the user can select from a list of pre-build HTML and fill the editor with it. Take a look at the "_docs" for more info.**
- The mcpuk's File Browser for PHP has been included in the package. He became the official developer of the File Manager for FCKeditor, so we can expect good news in the future.
- New configuration options are available to hide tabs from the Image Dialog and Link Dialog windows: LinkDlgHideTarget, LinkDlgHideAdvanced, ImageDlgHideLink and ImageDlgHideAdvanced.
- [SF BUG-1189442] [SF BUG-1187164] [SF BUG-1185905] It is now possible to configure the editor to not convert Greek or special Latin letters to ther specific HTML entities. You can also configure it to not convert any character at all. Take a look at the "ProcessHTMLEntities", "IncludeLatinEntities" and "IncludeGreekEntities" configuration options.
- New language files are available:
- Basque (by Ibon Igartua)
- English (Australia / United Kingdom) (by Christopher Dawes)
- Ukrainian (by Alexander Pervak)
- The version and date information have been removed from the files headers to avoid unecessary diffs in source control systems when new versions are released (from now on).
- [SF Patch-1159854] Ther HTML output rendered by the server side integration files are now XHTML compatible.
- [SF BUG-1181823] It is now possible to set the desired DOCTYPE to use when edit HTML fragments (not in Full Page mode).
- There is now an optional way to implement different "mouse over" effects to the buttons when they are "on" of "off".
- [SF BUG-1162200] [SF BUG-1161633] [SF BUG-1050293] [SF BUG-1058948] [SF BUG-1109120] [SF BUG-1155408] The IE memory leak bug has been solved. The code has been completely reviewed and many memory usage improvements have been done.
- [SF BUG-1179645] [SF BUG-1183252] [SF BUG-1181647] [SF BUG-1155627] [SF BUG-1155782] [SF BUG-1155750] [SF BUG-1157166] [SF BUG-1157857] [SF BUG-1158121] [SF BUG-1177153] [SF BUG-1175847] [SF BUG-1155747] There was a loading problem in Gecko browsers in some cases. It has been solved.
- [SF BUG-1161147] [SF BUG-1157635] [SF BUG-1149805] [SF BUG-1124600] [SF BUG-1117535] [SF BUG-1118145] [SF BUG-1098113] [SF BUG-1092272] [SF BUG-1086416] [SF BUG-1027952] [SF BUG-978441] A custom Undo/Redo system has been implemented for IE.
- The editor startup execution is now made in the right order (so configurations override works correctly).
- [SF BUG-1166779] [SF BUG-1166651] [SF BUG-1066198] [SF BUG-1090388] No more "illegible" characters in the toolbar when "ClearType" is active.
- It is now possible to set the "width" style of the BODY tag in the EditorAreaCSS to limit the editing area size.
- [SF BUG-1113620] In IE, the editor doesn't generate new entries in the browser history anymore.
- The editor now uses the same method used on version RC2 to load its contents on Gecko. It is now possible to have more than one editor in the page. This change has a negative impact: the BaseHref property is not working.
- Changes have been made to make the editor work with PHP versions older than 2.1.0.
- [SF BUG-1190835] [SF BUG-1196547] [SF BUG-1156863] The "Insert Horizontal Line" command is now working correctly. Thanks to Hector Raul Colonia Coral.
- [SF BUG-1101861] The editor now shows a normal textarea correctly (as expected) on Safari browsers (and all "like Gecko" browsers). Thanks to Bob Paul.
- [SF BUG-1182224] The PHP connector can now handle file extensions in upper case, like JPG or Gif, correctly. Thanks to Georg Ivancsic.
- The "sample06.html" is now working correctly with Gecko browsers.
- [SF BUG-1156660] Some fixes have been applied to the Universal Keyboard. Thanks to Abdul-Aziz Al-Oraij.
- [SF BUG-1192881] [SF BUG-1185006] [SF BUG-1156068] The "Browse Server" button is now working correctly for the Background Image in the "Document Properties" dialog window (full page editing). The active "BaseHref" is also set to the preview window.
- [SF BUG-1191704] Invalid HTML tags (according to the W3C naming standards for XHTML) are ignored with no errors.
- [SF BUG-1185911] The Greek language file name has been corrected to "el.js".
- [SF BUG-1181572] [SF BUG-1158421] The "Print" button is now active on startup.
- [SF BUG-1165219] No error occours when the user defines just one color to the FontColors on "in page" configurations.
- [SF BUG-1162957] The small problem with Zope (ZPT) has been solved.
- Some small RTL / LTR corrections has been done in the interface and the Farsi language has been added to the Universal Keyboard. Thanks to Silver Baghdasarian.
* This version has been partially sponsored by the Hamilton College.
** This version has been partially sponsored by Infineon Technologies AG.