- Added a new Mexican Spanish localization. Thanks to David Alexandro Rodriguez!
- #413: Added Paste as Plain Text keyboard shortcut to the Accessibility Help instructions.
- #515: [Chrome] Fixed: Mouse actions on CKEditor scrollbar throw an exception when the Table Selection plugin is loaded.
- #493: Fixed: Selection started from a nested table causes an error in the browser while scrolling down.
- #415: [Firefox] Fixed: Enter key breaks the table structure when pressed in a table selection.
- #457: Fixed: Error thrown when deleting content from the editor with no selection.
- #478: [Chrome] Fixed: Error thrown by the Enter Key plugin when pressing Enter with no selection.
- #424: Fixed: Error thrown by Tab Key Handling and Indent List plugins when pressing Tab with no selection in inline editor.
- #476: Fixed: Anchors inserted with the Link plugin on collapsed selection cannot be edited.
- #417: Fixed: The Table Resize plugin throws an error when used with a table with only header or footer rows.
- #523: Fixed: The
editor.getCommandKeystrokemethod does not obtain the correct keystroke.
- #534: [IE] Fixed: Paste from Word does not work in Quirks Mode.
- #450: Fixed:
CKEDITOR.filterincorrectly transforms the
- #13793: The
embed_providerconfiguration option for the Media Embed and Semantic Media Embed plugins is no longer preset by default.
- The UI Color plugin now uses a custom color picker instead of the
YUI 2.7.0library which has some known vulnerabilities (it's a security precaution, there was no security issue in CKEditor due to the way it was used).
- #16755: Added the Table Selection plugin that lets you select and manipulate an arbitrary rectangular table fragment (a few cells, a row or a column).
- #16961: Added support for pasting from Microsoft Excel.
- #13381: Dynamic code evaluation call in
CKEDITOR.templateremoved. CKEditor can now be used with the
unsafe-evalContent Security Policy. Thanks to Caridy Patiño!
- #16971: Added support for color in the
backgroundproperty containing also other styles for table cells in the Table Tools plugin.
- #16847: Added support for parsing and inlining any formatting created using the Microsoft Word style system to the Paste from Word plugin.
- #16818: Added table cell height parsing in the Paste from Word plugin.
- #16850: Added a new
config.enableContextMenuconfiguration option for enabling and disabling the context menu.
- #16937: The
commandparameter in CKEDITOR.editor.getCommandKeystroke now also accepts a command name as an argument.
- #17010: The
CKEDITOR.dom.range.shrinkmethod now allows for skipping bogus
- #16935: [Chrome] Fixed: Blurring the editor in Source Mode throws an error.
- #16825: [Chrome] Fixed: Error thrown when destroying a focused inline editor.
- #16857: Fixed: Ctrl+Shift+V blocked by Copy Formatting.
- #16845: [IE] Fixed: Cursor jumps to the top of the scrolled editor after focusing it when the Copy Formatting plugin is enabled.
- #16786: Fixed: Added missing translations for the Copy Formatting plugin.
- #14714: [WebKit/Blink] Fixed: Exception thrown on refocusing a blurred inline editor.
- #16913: [Firefox, IE] Fixed: Paste as Plain Text keystroke does not work.
- #16968: Fixed: [Safari] Paste as Plain Text is not handled by the editor.
- #16912: Fixed: Exception thrown when a single image is pasted using Paste from Word.
- #16821: Fixed: Extraneous
heightstyle stacked when pasting from Word.
- #16866: [IE, Edge] Fixed: Whitespaces not preserved when pasting from Word.
- #16860: Fixed: Paragraphs which only look like lists incorrectly transformed into them when pasting from Word.
- #16817: Fixed: When pasting from Word, paragraphs are transformed into lists with some corrupted data.
- #16833: [IE11] Fixed: Malformed list with headers pasted from Word.
- #16826: [IE] Fixed: Superfluous paragraphs within lists pasted from Word.
- #12465: Fixed: Cannot change the state of checkboxes or radio buttons if the properties dialog was invoked with a double-click.
- #13062: Fixed: Impossible to unlink when the caret is at the edge of the link.
- #13585: Fixed: Error when wrapping two adjacent
<div>elements with a
- #16811: Fixed: Table alignment is not preserved by the Paste from Word plugin.
- #16810: Fixed: Vertical align in tables is not supported by the Paste from Word plugin.
- #11956: [Blink, IE] Fixed: Link dialog does not open on a double click on the second word of the link with a background color or other styles.
- #10472: Fixed: Unable to use Table Resize on table header and footer.
- #14762: Fixed: Hovering over an empty table (without rows or cells) throws an error when the Table Resize plugin is active.
- #16777: [Edge] Fixed: The Clipboard plugin does not allow to drop widgets into the editor.
- #14894: [Chrome] Fixed: The editor scrolls to the top after focusing or when a dialog is opened.
- #14769: Fixed: URLs with '-' in host are not detected by the Auto Link plugin.
- #16804: Fixed: Focus is not on the first menu item when the user opens a context menu or a drop-down list from the editor toolbar.
- #14407: [IE] Fixed: Non-editable widgets can be edited.
- #16927: Fixed: An error thrown if a bundle containing the Color Button plugin is run in ES5 strict mode. Thanks to Igor Rubinovich!
- #16920: Fixed: Several plugins not using the Dialog plugin as a direct dependency.
- PR#336: Fixed: Typo in
CKEDITOR.getCssAPI documentation. Thanks to knusperpixel!
- #17027: Fixed: Command event data should be initialized as an empty object.
- Fixed the behavior of HTML parser when parsing
srcdocattributes of the
<iframe>element in a CKEditor setup with ACF turned off and without the Iframe Dialog plugin. The issue was originally reported as a security issue by Sriramk21 from Pegasystems and was later downgraded by the security team into a normal issue due to the requirement of having ACF turned off. Disabling Advanced Content Filter is against security best practices, so the problem described above has not been considered a security issue as such.
- Updated SCAYT (Spell Check As You Type) and WebSpellChecker plugins:
- Fixed: DOM Exception after clicking "Remove Language" on a selected word with enabled Language plugin in SCAYT.
- #16958: Switched the default MathJax CDN provider for the Mathematical Formulas plugin from
cdn.mathjax.orgto cdnjs, due to closing of
cdn.mathjax.orgscheduled for April 30, 2017.
- #16954: Removed the paste dialog.
- #16982: Latest Safari now supports enhanced Clipboard API introduced in CKEditor 4.5.0.
- #17025: Updated Bender.js to 0.4.2.
- #16733: Added a new pastel color palette for the Color Button plugin and a new
config.colorButton_colorsPerRowconfiguration option for setting the number of rows in the color selector.
- #16752: Added a new Azerbaijani localization. Thanks to the Azerbaijani language team!
- #13818: It is now possible to group Widget style definitions, so applying one style disables the other.
- #13446: [Chrome] Fixed: It is possible to type in an unfocused inline editor.
- #14856: Fixed: Font size and font family reset each other when modified at certain positions.
- #16745: [Edge] Fixed: List items are lost when pasted from Word.
- #16682: [Edge] Fixed: A list gets pasted from Word as a set of paragraphs. Added the
- #10373: Fixed: Context menu items can be dragged into the editor.
- #16728: [IE] Fixed: Copy Formatting breaks the editor in Quirks Mode.
- #16795: [IE] Fixed: Copy Formatting breaks the editor in Compatibility Mode.
- #16675: Fixed: Styles applied with Copy Formatting to a single table cell are applied to the whole table.
- #16753: Fixed:
element.setSizesets incorrect editor dimensions if the border width is represented as a fraction of pixels.
- #16705: [Firefox] Fixed: Unable to paste images as Base64 strings when using Clipboard.
- #11064: [Blink, WebKit] Fixed: Cannot select all editor content when a widget or a non-editable element is the first or last element of the content. Also fixes this issue in the Select All plugin.
- #14755: [Blink, WebKit, IE8] Fixed: Browser hangs when a table is inserted in the place of a selected list with an empty last item.
- #16624: Fixed: Improved the Color Button plugin which will now normalize the CSS
backgroundproperty if it only contains a color value. This fixes missing background colors when using Paste from Word.
- #16600: [Blink, WebKit] Fixed: Error thrown occasionally by an uninitialized editable for multiple CKEditor instances on the same page.
- #14569: Added a new, flat, default CKEditor skin called Moono-Lisa. Refreshed default colors available in the Color Button plugin (Text Color and Background Color feature).
- #14707: Added a new Copy Formatting feature to enable easy copying of styles between your document parts.
- Introduced the completely rewritten Paste from Word plugin:
- Backward incompatibility: The
config.pasteFromWordRemoveFontStylesoption now defaults to
false. This option will be deprecated in the future. Use Advanced Content Filter to replicate the effect of setting it to
- Backward incompatibility: The
config.pasteFromWordRemoveStylesoptions were dropped and no longer have any effect on pasted content.
- Major improvements in preservation of list numbering, styling and indentation (nested lists with multiple levels).
- Major improvements in document structure parsing that fix plenty of issues with distorted or missing content after paste.
- Backward incompatibility: The
- Added new translation: Occitan. Thanks to Cédric Valmary!
- #10015: Keyboard shortcuts (relevant to the operating system in use) will now be displayed in tooltips and context menus.
- #13794: The Upload Image feature now uses
- #12541: Added the Upload File plugin that lets you upload a file by drag&dropping it into the editor content.
- #14449: Introduced the Balloon Panel plugin that lets you create stylish floating UI elements for the editor.
- #12077: Added support for the HTML5
downloadattribute in link (
<a>) elements. Selecting the "Force Download" checkbox in the Link dialog will cause the linked file to be downloaded automatically. Thanks to sbusse!
- #13518: Introduced the
additionalRequestParametersproperty for file uploads to make it possible to send additional information about the uploaded file to the server.
- #14889: Added the
config.image2_altRequiredoption for the Enhanced Image plugin to allow making alternative text a mandatory field. Thanks to Andrey Fedoseev!
- #9991: Fixed: Paste from Word should only normalize input data.
- #7209: Fixed: Lists with 3 levels not pasted from Word correctly.
- #14335: Fixed: Pasting a numbered list starting with a value different from "1" from Microsoft Word does not work correctly.
- #14542: Fixed: Copying a numbered list from Microsoft Word does not preserve list formatting.
- #14544: Fixed: Copying a nested list from Microsoft Word results in an empty list.
- #14660: Fixed: Pasting text from Word breaks the styling in some cases.
- #14867: [Firefox] Fixed: Text gets stripped when pasting content from Word.
- #2507: Fixed: Paste from Word does not detect pasting a part of a paragraph.
- #3336: Fixed: Extra blank row added on top of the content pasted from Word.
- #6115: Fixed: When Right-to-Left text direction is applied to a table pasted from Word, borders are missing on one side.
- #6342: Fixed: Paste from Word filters out a basic text style when it is configured to use attributes.
- #6457: [IE] Fixed: Pasting from Word is extremely slow.
- #6789: Fixed: The
mso-list: ignorestyle is not handled properly when pasting from Word.
- #7262: Fixed: Lists in preformatted body disappear when pasting from Word.
- #7662: [Opera] Fixed: Extra empty number/bullet shown in the editor body when editing a multi-level list pasted from Word.
- #7807: Fixed: Last item in a list not converted to a
<li>element after pasting from Word.
- #7950: [IE] Fixed: Content from Word pasted differently than in other browsers.
- #7982: Fixed: Multi-level lists get split into smaller ones when pasting from Word.
- #8231: [WebKit, Opera] Fixed: Paste from Word inserts empty paragraphs.
- #8266: Fixed: Paste from Word inserts a blank line at the top.
- #8341, #7646: Fixed: Faulty removal of empty
<span>elements in Paste from Word content cleanup breaking content formatting.
- #8754: [Firefox] Fixed: Incorrect pasting of multiple nested lists in Paste from Word.
- #8983: Fixed: Alignment lost when pasting from Word with
- #9331: [IE] Fixed: Pasting text from Word creates a simple Caesar cipher.
- #9422: Fixed: Paste from Word leaves an unwanted
- #10011: [IE9-10] Fixed:
config.pasteFromWordRemoveFontStylesis ignored under certain conditions.
- #10643: Fixed: Differences between using Ctrl+V and pasting from the Paste from Word dialog.
- #10784: Fixed: Lines missing when pasting from Word.
- #11294: [IE10] Fixed: Font size is not preserved when pasting from Word.
- #11627: Fixed: Missing words when pasting from Word.
- #12784: Fixed: Bulleted list with custom bullets gets changed to a numbered list when pasting from Word.
- #13174: Fixed: Data loss after pasting from Word.
- #13828: Fixed: Widget classes should be added to the wrapper rather than the widget element.
- #13829: Fixed: No class in Widget wrapper to identify the widget type.
- #13519: Server response received when uploading files should be more flexible.
- Updated SCAYT (Spell Check As You Type) and WebSpellChecker plugins:
- Support for the new default Moono-Lisa skin.
- #121: Fixed: Basic Styles do not work when SCAYT is enabled.
- #125: Fixed: Inline styles are not continued when writing multiple lines of styled text with SCAYT enabled.
- #127: Fixed: Uncaught TypeError after enabling SCAYT in the CKEditor
- #128: Fixed: Error thrown after enabling SCAYT caused by conflicts with RequireJS.