Spreadsheets - overview
The spreadsheets feature offers an Excel-like functionality available right inside CKEditor 4. It allows you to create intelligent, data-driven documents in your WYSIWYG editor. This makes it a perfect solution for financial, auditing, engineering, technical and science industries.
You can read more about it and see the demo on the Spreadsheets product page.
When enabled, the spreadsheets plugin allows you to insert advanced spreadsheet widgets into your rich-text content and provides a multitude of features. It provides support for:
- Inserting spreadsheets with and without a header row or column and with any number of rows and columns.
- Referencing cells inside the editor content using smart completion.
- Autoconverting tabular data pasted from Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets into a spreadsheet instance.
- Converting existing tables to spreadsheet instances and vice versa.
- Inserting spreadsheets using predefined templates.
- Spreadsheet structure manipulation (adding or removing rows and columns).
- Resizing rows and columns.
- Renaming rows and columns headers.
- Single and multi-column sorting.
- Basic data styling like bold, italic, underline and so on.
- Advanced styles support like text font, cell colors and so on.
- Selecting cell type and formatting with data validation support.
- Using formulas.
- Auto filling rows and columns.
- Applying various conditional formatting rules to single and multiple cells, entire columns or spreadsheets.
- Advanced copying and pasting.
Please refer to the Spreadsheets documentation for a full breakdown of these features.
The spreadsheets plugin provides integration with our partner solution, Handsontable.
The spreadsheets plugin is compatible with CKEditor 4 starting from version 4.13. It is not included in the CKEditor 4 presets available from the Download site. Follow the Spreadsheets Integration guide to enable it after activating the feature.
# Using the spreadsheets feature
Please refer to the Quick start guide for information on how to start using the plugin.
This feature needs to be installed first to incorporate it into you own CKEditor 4 WYSIWYG editor build. Please refer to the installation guide to accomplish this task.