- To match the naming convention, the
languagebutton is now
- Enhanced Image button, context menu, command, and icon names match those of the Image plugin (#11222).
- #11244: Changed: The
widget.repository.checkWidgets()method now fires the
widget.repository.checkWidgetsevent, so from CKEditor 4.3.1 it is preferred to use the method rather than fire the event.
- #11171: Fixed:
editor.insertText()methods do not call the
- #11085: [IE8] Replaced preview generated by the Mathematical Formulas widget with a placeholder.
- #11044: Enhanced WAI-ARIA support for the Language plugin drop-down menu.
- #11075: With drop-down menu button focused, pressing the Down Arrow key will now open the menu and focus its first option.
- #11165: Fixed: The File Browser plugin cannot be removed from the editor.
- #11159: [IE9-10] Enhanced Image: Fixed buggy discovery of image dimensions.
- #11101: Drop-down lists no longer break when given double quotes.
- #11077: Enhanced Image: Empty undo step recorded when resizing the image.
- #10853: Enhanced Image: Widget has paragraph wrapper when de-captioning unaligned image.
- #11198: Widgets: Drag handler is not fully visible when an inline widget is in a heading.
- #11132: [Firefox] Fixed: Caret is lost after drag and drop of an inline widget.
- #11182: [IE10-11] Fixed: Editor crashes (IE11) or works with minor issues (IE10) if a page is loaded in Quirks Mode. See
env.quirksfor more details.
- #11204: Added
figcaptionstyles to the
contents.cssfile so Enhanced Image looks nicer.
- #11202: Fixed: No newline in BBCode mode.
- #10890: Fixed: Error thrown when pressing the Delete key in a list item.
- #10055: [IE8-10] Fixed: Delete pressed on a selected image causes the browser to go back.
- #11183: Fixed: Inserting a horizontal rule or a table in multiple row selection causes a browser crash. Additionally, the
editor.insertElement()method does not insert the element into every range of a selection any more.
- #11042: Fixed: Selection made on an element containing a non-editable element was not auto faked.
- #11125: Fixed: Keyboard navigation through menu and drop-down items will now cycle.
- #11011: Fixed: The
editor.applyStyle()method removes attributes from nested elements.
- #11179: Fixed:
editor.destroy()does not cleanup content generated by the Table Resize plugin for inline editors.
- #11237: Fixed: Table border attribute value is deleted when pasting content from Microsoft Word.
- #11250: Fixed: HTML entities inside the
<textarea>element are not encoded.
- #11260: Fixed: Initially disabled buttons are not read by JAWS as disabled.
- #11200: Added Clipboard plugin as a dependency for Widget to fix drag and drop.
- #10612: Internet Explorer 11 support.
- #10869: Widgets: Added better integration with the Elements Path plugin.
- #10886: Widgets: Added tooltip to the drag handle.
- #10933: Widgets: Introduced drag and drop of block widgets with the Line Utilities plugin.
- #10936: Widget System changes for easier integration with other dialog systems.
- #10895: Enhanced Image: Added file browser integration.
- #11002: Added the
draggableoption to disable drag and drop support for widgets.
- #10937: Mathematical Formulas widget improvements:
- #10862: Placeholder plugin was rewritten as a widget.
- #10822: Added styles system integration with non-editable elements (for example widgets) and their nested editables. Styles cannot change non-editable content and are applied in nested editable only if allowed by its type and content filter.
- #10856: Menu buttons will now toggle the visibility of their panels when clicked multiple times. Language plugin fixes: Added active language highlighting, added an option to remove the language.
- #10028: New
config.dialog_noConfirmCancelconfiguration option that eliminates the need to confirm closing of a dialog window when the user changed any of its fields.
- #10848: Integrate remaining plugins (Styles, Format, Font, Color Button, Language and Indent) with active filter.
- #10855: Change the extension of emoticons in the BBCode sample from GIF to PNG.
- #10831: Enhanced Image: Merged
- #10835: Enhanced Image: Improved visibility of the resize handle.
- #10836: Enhanced Image: Preserve custom mouse cursor while resizing the image.
- #10939: [Firefox] Enhanced Image: hovering the image causes it to change.
- #10866: Fixed: Broken Tab key navigation in the Enhanced Image dialog window.
- #10833: Fixed: Lock ratio option should be on by default in the Enhanced Image dialog window.
- #10881: Various improvements to Enter key behavior in nested editables.
- #10879: Remove Format should not leak from a nested editable.
- #10877: Fixed: WebSpellChecker fails to apply changes if a nested editable was focused.
- #10877: Fixed: SCAYT blocks typing in nested editables.
- #11079: Add button icons to the Placeholder sample.
- #10870: The
pastecommand is no longer being disabled when the clipboard is empty.
- #10854: Fixed: Firefox prepends
<body>, so it is stripped by the HTML data processor.
- #10823: Fixed: Link plugin does not work with non-editable content.
- #10828: Magic Line integration with the Widget System.
- #10865: Improved hiding copybin, so copying widgets works smoothly.
- #11066: Widget's private parts use CSS reset.
- #11027: Fixed: Block commands break on widgets; added the
- #10430: Resolve dependence of the Image plugin on the Form Elements plugin.
- #10911: Fixed: Browser Alt hotkeys will no longer be blocked while a widget is focused.
- #11082: Fixed: Selected widget is not copied or cut when using toolbar buttons or context menu.
- #11083: Fixed list and div element application to block widgets.
- #10887: Internet Explorer 8 compatibility issues related to the Widget System.
- #11074: Temporarily disabled inline widget drag and drop, because of seriously buggy native
- #11098: Fixed: Wrong selection position after undoing widget drag and drop.
- #11110: Fixed: IFrame and Flash objects are being incorrectly pasted in certain conditions.
- #11129: Page break is lost when loading data.
- #11123: [Firefox] Widget is destroyed after being dragged outside of
- #11124: Fixed the Elements Path in an editor using the Div Editing Area.
- #10994: Fixed: Loading external jQuery library when opening the jQuery Adapter sample directly from file.
- #10975: [IE] Fixed: Error thrown while opening the color palette.
- #9929: [Blink/WebKit] Fixed: A non-breaking space is created once a character is deleted and a regular space is typed.
- #10963: Fixed: JAWS issue with the keyboard shortcut for Magic Line.
- #11096: Fixed: TypeError: Object has no method 'is'.
- #9314: Fixed: Incorrect error message on closing a dialog window without saving changs.
- #10308: [IE10] Fixed: Unspecified error when deleting a row.
- #10945: [Chrome] Fixed: Clicking with a mouse inside the editor does not show the caret.
- #10912: Prevent default action when content of a non-editable link is clicked.
- #10913: Fixed
CKEDITOR.plugins.addExternalnot handling paths including file name specified.
- #10666: Fixed
CKEDITOR.tools.isArraynot working cross frame.
- #10868: [IE8] Prevent the browser from crashing when applying the Inline Quotation style.
- #10915: Fixed: Invalid CSS filter in the Kama skin.
- #10914: Plugins Indent List and Indent Block are now included in the build configuration.
- #10812: Fixed
range#createBookmark2incorrectly normalizing offsets. This bug was causing many issues: #10850, #10842.
- #10951: Reviewed and optimized focus handling on panels (combo, menu buttons, color buttons, and context menu) to enhance accessibility. Fixed #10705, #10706 and #10707.
- #10704: Fixed a JAWS issue with the Select Color dialog window title not being announced.
- #10753: The floating toolbar in inline instances now has a dedicated accessibility label.
- #9764: Widget System.
- Widget plugin introducing the Widget API.
- New editor.enterMode and editor.shiftEnterMode properties – normalized versions of config.enterMode andconfig.shiftEnterMode.
- Dynamic editor settings. Starting from CKEditor 4.3 Beta, Enter mode values and content filter instances may be changed dynamically (for example when the caret was placed in an element in which editor features should be adjusted). When you are implementing a new editor feature, you should base its behavior on dynamic or static Enter mode values depending on whether this feature works in selection context or globally on editor content.
- Dynamic Enter mode values – editor.setActiveEnterMode method, editor.activeEnterModeChange event, and two properties: editor.activeEnterMode and editor.activeShiftEnterMode.
- Dynamic content filter instances – editor.setActiveFilter method, editor.activeFilterChange event, andeditor.activeFilter property.
- "Fake" selection was introduced. It makes it possible to virtually select any element when the real selection remains hidden. See the selection.fake method.
- Default htmlParser.filter rules are not applied to non-editable elements (elements with contenteditable attribute set to false and their descendants) anymore. To add a rule which will be applied to all elements you need to pass an additional argument to the filter.addRules method.
- Dozens of new methods were introduced – most interesting ones:
- #10659: New Enhanced Image plugin that introduces a widget with integrated image captions, an option to center images, and dynamic "click and drag" resizing.
- #10664: New Mathematical Formulas plugin that introduces the MathJax widget.
- #7987: New Language plugin that implements Language toolbar button to support WCAG 3.1.2 Language of Parts.
- #10708: New smileys.