Revision history overview
The revision history feature is a document versioning tool. It allows CKEditor 5 users to create and view the chronological revision history of their content. The preview mode allows for easy viewing of content development over time. You can review content changes (both insertions and deletions) as well as suggestions made with the track changes feature.
With this feature you can easily:
- Create named historical version — revisions — of the content by bundling changes together in a save cycle.
- View the chronological history of revisions of your content.
- Restore an earlier revision of your document to easily reverse any changes.
- Compare selected revisions to each other and easily view changes between.
Please note that real-time collaboration for revision history is not available yet. The integration is currently under development.
# Use as a standalone plugin
Revision history does not require real-time collaboration to work, it can be added to CKEditor 5 just like any other plugin.
To learn how to integrate revision history as a standalone plugin, please refer to the Integrating revision history with your application guide.
# Use with real-time collaboration
Real-time collaboration integration is currently under development.
# Known issues
- The revision history feature is not working correctly when the table feature is not loaded.
- The restricted editing feature is not working correctly with the revision history feature.
- Multi-root editors are not yet supported by the revision history feature.