CKEditor 4 Features Overview
This section presents a whole variety of features that CKEditor 4 has to offer. It is complemented by CKEditor Examples, an awesome collection of working editor samples that present all concepts discussed here and what is even more compelling, let you download the source code of each example with just one button click, ready to copy and paste into your own CKEditor 4 implementation!
The Features Overview section is divided into two parts, End-user Features and Integration Features.
You can select the articles from the list below or from the sidebar menu.
# End-user Features
This part describes features that are targeted at end users and affect their overall editing experience. Check it to learn about aspects such as:
- User Interface – Setting editor UI color and language.
- Editor Resizing – Changing editor dimensions and making it automatically adjust its size to content.
- Inserting Images – Adding images using three official image plugins available.
- Inserting Content – Adding rich text elements such as code snippets, tables, mathematical formulas, embedded media resources etc. and pasting content from Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Pasting Content from Microsoft Word
- Pasting Content from Google Docs
- Pasting Content from Microsoft Excel
- Pasting Content from Libre Office
- Creating Data Grids with Spreadsheet Plugin
- Table Support with Column Resizing
- Embedding Media Resources with oEmbed
- Inserting Code Snippets
- Inserting Code Snippets Using GeSHi
- Creating Mathematical and Chemical Formulas with MathType
- Creating Mathematical Formulas with MathJax
- Using Placeholders
- Dropping and Pasting into Editor Content
- Styling and Formatting – Working with text styling and formatting.
- Working with Document – Editing content source code or using document-related features such as magic line or spell checker.
- Accessibility Support – Utilities that make working with CKEditor 4 accessible for people with disabilities.
# Integration Features
This part describes features that are targeted at developers who implement CKEditor 4 and integrate it with their websites or applications. Refer to it for information about:
- Editor UI – Fixed and floating UI as well as sharing UI among numerous editor instances.
- Toolbar – Customizing the editor toolbar.
- API Usage – Using rich CKEditor API.
- Output Control – Adjusting editor output by setting the HTML format or making the editor work on BBCode.
- Utilities – Additional tools that make configuring and extending CKEditor 4 easier.