Fixed XSS vulnerability in the HTML data processor reported by Michał Bentkowski of Securitum.
Issue summary: It was possible to execute XSS inside CKEditor after persuading the victim to: (i) switch CKEditor to source mode, then (ii) paste a specially crafted HTML code, prepared by the attacker, into the opened CKEditor source area, and (iii) switch back to WYSIWYG mode or (i) copy the specially crafted HTML code, prepared by the attacker and (ii) paste it into CKEditor in WYSIWYG mode.
Fixed XSS vulnerability in the WebSpellChecker plugin reported by Pham Van Khanh from Viettel Cyber Security.
Issue summary: It was possible to execute XSS using CKEditor after persuading the victim to: (i) switch CKEditor to source mode, then (ii) paste a specially crafted HTML code, prepared by the attacker, into the opened CKEditor source area, then (iii) switch back to WYSIWYG mode, and (iv) preview CKEditor content outside CKEditor editable area.
An upgrade is highly recommended!
- #2374: Added support for pasting rich content from LibreOffice Writer with the Paste from LibreOffice plugin.
- #2583: Changed emoji suggestion box to show the matched emoji name instead of an ID.
- #3748: Improved the color button state to reflect the selected editor content colors.
- #3661: Improved the Print plugin to respect styling rendered by the Preview plugin.
#3547: Active dialog tab now has the
widget.getClipboardHtml()support for dragging and dropping multiple widgets.
- #3587: [Edge, IE] Fixed: Widget with form input elements loses focus during typing.
#3705: [Safari] Fixed: Safari incorrectly removes blocks with the
editor.extractSelectedHtml()method after selecting all content.
#1306: Fixed: The Font plugin creates nested HTML
<span>tags when reapplying the same font multiple times.
- #3498: Fixed: The editor throws an error during the copy operation when a widget is partially selected.
- #2517: [Chrome, Firefox, Safari] Fixed: Inserting a new image when the selection partially covers an existing enhanced image widget throws an error.
- #3007: [Chrome, Firefox, Safari] Fixed: Cannot modify the editor content once the selection is released over a widget.
- #3698: Fixed: Cutting the selected text when a widget is partially selected merges paragraphs.
- #3387: Added the CKEDITOR.ui.richCombo.select() method.
#3727: Added new
bgColorcommands that apply the selected color chosen by the Color Button plugin.
#3728: Added new
fontSizecommands that apply the selected font style chosen by the Font plugin.
#3842: Added the
- #3775: Widget mask and parts can now be refreshed dynamically via API calls.