We would like to announce that CKFinder 3.4.3 for PHP and ASP.NET has just been released. This is a maintenance release that resolves a few important issues, including problems with file uploads in Microsoft Edge v42, and introduces a few other useful changes.
# CKFinder updates
The most important bug fixed in this CKFinder version is related to file uploads, which stopped working in the latest version of Microsoft Edge (v42) — see #358 for details.
Another fix of CKFinder frontend that landed in this release is related to text selection in Chrome. This was a really annoying bug that blocked text selection in various parts of CKFinder UI. For details, have look at #319.
Besides that, a few bug fixes and small features were added in CKFinder 3 connectors:
- The PHP connector received support for Unix symbolic links in the local file system backend adapter. Support for symlinks can be enabled with the
followSymlinksoption, as described here.
- The ASP.NET connector received a couple of updates, too:
- Fix for URL generation in backends that use the
- ImageProcessor library was upgraded to the latest version.
- There is now possibility to set license details per request.
See the release notes for a full list of changes.
# Reporting issues and feature requests
If you miss anything in CKFinder, have ideas on how CKFinder could be improved, or found a bug, please do not hesitate to report an issue in the CKFinder issue tracker. The tracker is public, so not only can you submit your ideas, but you can also browse existing issues and add your comments there.
All CKFinder licenses come with a year of dedicated support straight from core CKFinder developers. You can also refer to StackOverflow for community support.