Following the recent CKEditor 3.6.1 release we would like to announce the availability of our integrated versions for ASP.NET and Java. Both products were updated to the latest CKEditor version, the first minor release in the 3.6.x line, and contain all the amazing features introduced in CKEditor 3.6.
New CKEditor Features
CKEditor 3.6 was released last month and is now followed with a maintenance release coded 3.6.1. Both versions were now incorporated into the CKEditor for Java and CKEditor for ASP.NET integrations, bringing a handful of exciting new features to both environments, including the following highlights:
- Toolbar accessibility enhancements that create the concept of toolbar button groups and make it more convenient to navigate the toolbar using the keyboard.
- Read-only mode that makes it possible to disable the editor programmatically when needed.
- New StylesheetParser plugin that makes it easier to use the existing CSS stylesheets in CKEditor, including the Styles drop-down list.
- Sample BBCode plugin that shows how to configure CKEditor to output BBCode instead of HTML.
- The Document Properties plugin that makes it possible to set the metadata and styles of the edited page with a special CKEditor dialog window.
- The Developer Tools plugin that makes it ridiculously easy to find the names and IDs of all dialog window elements thus greatly simplifying editor customization.
- ...Plus other minor enhancements and fixes; check out the What's New? page for the full list of CKEditor 3.6 and 3.6.1 features.
Visit the CKEditor download page and download the CKEditor for Java and CKEditor for ASP.NET integrations as well as the latest CKEditor release.
We will be thankful for all feedback regarding both CKEditor integrations as well as any suggestions on how to further improve them. Please use the CKEditor development web site to report issues and suggestions through tickets. Use the contact form from our website to send your questions and comments.