CKEditor Weekly for September 2, 2013
Welcome to CKEditor Weekly, a summary of all the interesting happenings in and around the CKEditor community. It was another hectic week with a number of issues being fixed. Read on to see what's new...
CKEditor in review
- We're deciding on what to do with bogus <br> tags.
- The new custom skin creation guide should be ready this week, so keep checking back!
- Zmmaj added a new GoogleMap plugin to our repository.
- Fixed the issue where lists from Word were not pasting properly.
- Fixed the issue where anchors were getting stripped when pasting from Word.
- Fixed a IE10 Quirks mode problem.
- Fixed a bug where the save toolbar button only saved the first instance.
- Fixed an inconsistent ACF rule application between inline editor and standard editor.
- Moved language reading direction definition ("dir") from the main language file to core.
- And fixed a couple of IE9 issues here and here.
Around the Net
- Modulesunraveled.com released a series of very detailed videos on how to setup and use CKEditor in Drupal 7. The the first video is free but the rest require a commercial subscription. Still, worth a look.
- Drupal 8 core now has a working WYSIWYG image upload feature through the editor.module. The new patch simplifies image embedding.
- Taran2L released a sandbox project for CKEditor image which changes the way CKEditor uses height, width and alignment for images.
- Dmitriy.trt released an update to his Contextly module that integrates the Contextly service with Drupal-powered websites.
- Josh Goebel posted a useful bit of code that helps make linking more dynamic.
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!