CKEditor Weekly for October 7, 2013
Welcome to CKEditor Weekly, a summary of all the interesting happenings in and around the CKEditor community. Last week was a return to form after the hectic but productive DrupalCon in Prague. This week we have news about the next CKEditor release and various community projects! Read on for details...
CKEditor in review
- CKEditor 4.2.2 should be out within the next two weeks. It will include numerous fixes and updates, including various Accessibility fixes for JAWS. It will also patch some lingering Internet Explorer and Firefox issues. You can see the entire list of changes here...
- An annoying cursor bug in Chrome 30 was quickly fixed in CKEditor 4.2.2. The Chrome update responsible for this issue only came out a couple days ago.
- On the CKEditor 4.3 front, the team has been busy working on the new Widgets system.
- They also renewed focus on the new Image widget in 4.3, which will replace our current Image plugin.
- The MathJax plugin is also becoming more and more stable. For anyone interested in that particular widget, you can follow its progress via this umbrella ticket.
Around the Net
PJnes released PBCKCode, a sandbox Drupal project for CKEditor image which changes the way CKEditor uses height, width and alignment for images.
G3n1k posted a blog post on how to get values in CKEditor using Ajax.
Maxim Gladkov released a new Ruby Gem that brings a rich text editor for Active Admin using CKEditor.
GlebTv released an update to his CKEditor Ruby Gem.
A new plugin released by www.emoticode.net lets you convert Drupal content fields from Markdown to Full HTML in CKEditor.
That's it for this week. If you would like to be featured in one of our CKEditor Weeklies, or have an interesting tidbit that relates to CKEditor, leave a comment below or contact us!